Preface to a Cruise

Moondance

ok....here come's Trouble! :p

Moondance...welcome!!! We were starting to think remonortsA made you up....:D (just kidding :p )

remonortsA....you be nice to Moondance or we'll kick your booty!!!

Timmys_Mom....i am VERY upset to hear that you have been flirting with remonortsA...:mad: that's MY job!

Seriously though, I am so excited for you two! You will have an absolutely wonderful time and bring us (um...I mean your family & friends) back lots of stories and pictures...

P.S....I hate the bathing suit thing too!

Hey Coolestwife.....

I had planned to just get a larger memory card for the Camera, but Moondance has convinced me I need to actually lug our laptop on the ship with the carry-on's so I can download all the pictures to the hard drive.

She is right, I would hate to be 2/3 of the way through the cruise and run out of room for pictures. But that means I will be carrying at least 3 bottles of wine and a laptop case at the very least... first stop on the ship... the stateroom to drop off the carry on's!

But that way we have unlimited storage.

Here is a link to our Picture Album site.....

I will be dumping our Cruise Pictures into a new gallery there when we get back.

http://www.dwightandhelene.smugmug.com/

Sweet...Thanks! I'll be looking at your pictures instead of working for the rest of the day!!:p

SteelPonyCowboy brought his laptop too...his SO said he was crazy, but they ended up taking like 4000 (literally) pictures and were able to print out a few for us before we left!

I'd really like to know what your favorite things to do on a cruise are. Being new at this I wouldn't want to miss any of the "don't miss" things. :p

Being born in the arid southwest and currently from the landlocked midwest, I was surprized at my affinity for the sea. My favorite thing to do -- the morning after sailing, rise early (usually I'm so excited to be on the ship that I naturally get up to go see what is going on!) -- go to the highest and most forward public deck -- stand at the front of the ship and see ...... forever! That point becomes my favorite place to be -- before retiring each night I feel the call to go check the horizon -- watch the far off lightening --- just ...be! No cost (well, aside from just getting to that point!) -- but completely divine!

My favorite thing to do -- the morning after sailing, rise early (usually I'm so excited to be on the ship that I naturally get up to go see what is going on!) -- go to the highest and most forward public deck -- stand at the front of the ship and see ...... forever!

Thanks kcscrapper, sounds like one of those Titanic moments... well at least as close as we'll ever get to it! I'll try that. We spent our honeymoon in PV in a condo. We loved waking up at night and going out on the veranda to watch the thunder storms way out at sea. A moment I'll never forget.;)

Timmys_Mom....i am VERY upset to hear that you have been flirting with remonortsA...:mad: that's MY job!

In responce to Timmys mom and coolest wife, you have my permission to flirt with Astronomer (not that you need it LOL) That means there is one less job I have to do:p As for kicking his booty if he's not nice ... you're welcome to but I still retain the right to do that too... one of the jobs that can come in handy;)

I wouldnt get your hopes up too much, I think the chance for Moondance to go to the F-deck and take her top off is very very close to zero. :)

And the more I mention it, the less likely it will happen. :p

Naaaaaaaa I suspect she want to go and be comfortable, relax and jsut have a great time.

Me too :)

You guys can relax up there just fine. (seriously, but only serious for a moment)

Hootee and Hooters has just stuck in my mind, as my nicknames for you now. Sorry.:o

You know how it is when you get a song stuck in your head, and you just have to keep sangin' it.:p

CJW

PS Sangin' rhymes with Drankin'

You guys can relax up there just fine. (seriously, but only serious for a moment)

Hootee and Hooters has just stuck in my mind, as my nicknames for you now. Sorry.:o

You know how it is when you get a song stuck in your head, and you just have to keep sangin' it.:p

CJW

PS Sangin' rhymes with Drankin'

Hey, I work teaching first graders... you gotta work really hard to offend me. I've heard milder stuff from a bar in Oakland than some of my students. (low income - tough neighborhood where I work):rolleyes:

In responce to Timmys mom and coolest wife, you have my permission to flirt with Astronomer (not that you need it LOL) That means there is one less job I have to do:p As for kicking his booty if he's not nice ... you're welcome to but I still retain the right to do that too... one of the jobs that can come in handy;)

Good to know we're saving you some time! (That frees you up for more cruise shopping!!)

As fir the booty kickin' thing...we're here if you need us...:p

Here is a link to our Picture Album site.....

I will be dumping our Cruise Pictures into a new gallery there when we get back.

http://www.dwightandhelene.smugmug.com/

Thanks for the link to the pictures! You have a beautiful wife and family!!

I did notice in one picture that you are drankin' DH's all time favorite beer...Sierra Nevada Pale Ale....cool!

What a beautiful formal picture of the two of you. The one for the fundraiser. You make a wonderful couple.

My favorite thing to do on the ship was - going to the hot tubs at 10:30 at night. We enjoyed the stars along with the bubbles.:D Wore our Carnival robes and went to the midnight buffet after. :)

Have a wonderful time.

DH's favorite thing on the cruise was to get back to the ship early from the ports (Cozumel and Grand Cayman) so he could watch the "show." People trying to get back to the ship from Carlos and Charlies and Senor Frogs.

My favorite thing to do is sit poolside, in a lounge chair, with a Miami Vice (yum) and people watch.

DH's favorite thing on the cruise was to get back to the ship early from the ports (Cozumel and Grand Cayman) so he could watch the "show." People trying to get back to the ship from Carlos and Charlies and Senor Frogs.

My favorite thing to do is sit poolside, in a lounge chair, with a Miami Vice (yum) and people watch.

I hear the shipboard entertainment is pretty poor but I could get a great laugh watching drunk people trying to board the ship on time LOL It's especially great if they try to act sober.... however, for all I know I'll be one of them since it doesn't take much to make me blotto. :cool:

The lounge chair and the drink are right up my alley... I like to read a good book, and of course the book is good for hiding your face as you snicker over what everyone is doing ;)

Archived