Carnival Splendor in 2008 - Anyone interested in trying to get a CC group formed?

Carnival Splendor - What Date Range Works For You?  

275 members have voted

1. 1. Carnival Splendor - What Date Range Works For You?

• Sorry Not Interested
    • Maiden Voyage! I Don't Care Where It Goes or When!
    • Spring 2008
    • Summer 2008
    • Fall 2008
    • Winter 2009

Hey

Yup, we'd love to sail the Splendor when it comes out.

I wonder if it's going to debut in Europe like the Freedom. We are booked on the Freedom in April 2007, so if it comes out in Europe we would probably be interested in Fall 2008 since we will have done that just one year earlier, but if it debuts in the Caribbean, then spring would be great for us.

I'm secretly hoping it will be in the Med for fall 2008 because then I will have the perfect excuse to do the Med again:D

Doodlefan

If it leaves from the states I would be interested. Never did a maiden voyager and dont think I care to start. I'd rather wait til the problems are all worked out and the crew know the layout and stuff.

Hey

Yup, we'd love to sail the Splendor when it comes out.

I wonder if it's going to debut in Europe like the Freedom. We are booked on the Freedom in April 2007, so if it comes out in Europe we would probably be interested in Fall 2008 since we will have done that just one year earlier, but if it debuts in the Caribbean, then spring would be great for us.

I'm secretly hoping it will be in the Med for fall 2008 because then I will have the perfect excuse to do the Med again:D

Doodlefan

Hey Doodlefan,

I have an off cruise topic for you. I assuming you either have a labradoodle or goldendoodle... We had a standard poodle when we were kids and, then a wonderful black lab later on. We're going to get a dog after we're married next June and, we keep wondering if a Labradoodle might be the way to go. How are you enjoying your "doodle"? And, yes, I know they need LOTS of excerise. My lab used to be my running partner!

Nick

I just wanted to post this information for anyone who might not know about the newest ship coming to the fleet (after Freedom):

Carnival Names New 112,000-Ton Cruise Ship Carnival Splendor

02/02/2006

MIAMI – Carnival Splendor is the name Carnival Cruise Lines has chosen for its new 112,000-ton cruise ship scheduled to enter service in spring 2008.

Representing a new class of ship for the line, the 3,006-passenger vessel will be constructed by Italian shipbuilder Fincantieri and feature an innovative new design, including the largest spa and children’s facilities in the Carnival fleet.

"Carnival Splendor will introduce a host of guest-driven facilities and eatures to usher in an exciting new era of ‘Fun Ship’ cruising," said Bob Dickinson, Carnival president and CEO.

Highlights include a 17,800-square-foot spa – the largest ever incorporated into a Carnival ship. Encompassing two forward decks, the facility features an elaborate thermal suite, a variety of health and beauty treatment rooms, and Carnival’s first thalasso therapy pool. Encircling the upper level of the spa will be a winter garden that will include a ceremonial tea house.

A 5,500-square-foot children’s playroom – the largest in the Carnival fleet – will be located mid-ship. Above the facility will be a new water play area – a first for the line.

Located aft will be a new sports deck featuring arena-style seating for games and other events, while a reservations-only supper club will be located atop the poolside Lido restaurant, providing diners with magnificent ocean vistas.

The mid-ship pool – one of four on board – will be enclosed by two full decks of glass walls. The area will be covered with a two-deck-high retractable dome that can be closed during inclement weather. A large balcony will encircle the upper deck of the pool area.

The vessel will also include 1,503 staterooms, 60 percent of which will offer an ocean view with 60 percent of those featuring private balconies.

Carnival Splendor is one of three new "Fun Ships" currently under construction or on order with Fincantieri. In addition to Carnival Splendor, Carnival’s order book includes the 110,000-ton Carnival Freedom, scheduled to enter service in February 2007, and an as-yet-unnamed 130,000-ton SuperLiner – to be the largest "Fun Ship" ever constructed – slated to debut in fall 2009.

Carnival currently operates a fleet of 21 "Fun Ships" offering voyages ranging from three to 16 days in length to the Bahamas, Caribbean, Mexican Riviera, Alaska, Hawaii, Canada, New England, Bermuda and Europe.

For additional information and reservations on any of Carnival’s "Fun Ship" cruises, contact any travel agent, call 1-800-CARNIVAL or visit carnival.com.

###

Carnival Cruise Lines is a proud member of the exclusive World’s Leading Cruise Lines. Our exclusive alliance also includes Holland America Line, Princess Cruises, Cunard Line, Costa Cruises, Windstar Cruises and The Yachts of Seabourn. Sharing a passion to please each guest, and a commitment to quality and value, our member lines appeal to a wide range of lifestyles and budgets. Together, we offer exciting and enriching cruise vacations to the world’s most desirable destinations.

I'm curious why a lot of you are opposed to Europe. If you haven't been before, it's wonderful! I know it costs more and requires more vacation time but, well worth it in my opinion!

Id LOVE to do Europe......but....the higher cost and more vacation time keep me from being able to do it. Maybe someday....just cant now. Id love to join the CC group to book this ship in 2008.....as long as its from the states......

:D Don't get me wrong, I'll go no matter where it is sailing - I just hope the maiden voyage is from a port where everyone can enjoy it!

Now...How do we get Carnival to keep Carnival Splendor in the NY/NJ area year round? Think that even has a remote possibility??? :confused: My guess is, probably not but, here's to wishful thinking! :o

I'm curious why a lot of you are opposed to Europe. If you haven't been before, it's wonderful! I know it costs more and requires more vacation time but, well worth it in my opinion!

Considering most working people only get 1 or 2 weeks off... my boss will never allow me to take 2 weeks in a row off. Cruises like that will need to wait til i retire or hit the lottery==

We have a tenative yes from Host Randy to be our group leader!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=366134

Thanks Host Randy! I'd love to see you heading up this group!

I am very impressed with the response so far. I just want to add that since this ship is being built in Italy and both Carnival Liberty and Carnival Freedom have (or will) be making their respective maiden voyages in Europe, I believe it to be highly likely that Carnival Splendor will also have it's Maiden Voyage in Europe.

I don't know about anyone else, but, I'll go anywhere the CC group decides!

Nick

Archived