Celebrity Solstice - Anyone Interested in trying to form a CC group in late 08 or 09?

Celebrity Solstice - Group Cruise Poll  

266 members have voted

1. 1. Celebrity Solstice - Group Cruise Poll

• Nope, sorry not interested
    • Maiden Voyage! I Don't Care Where It Goes or When!
    • Fall 2008
    • Winter 2009
    • Spring 2009
    • Summer 2009

Just checking in to see anyone has updates yet. We're anxious to get our 2008 cruises lined up...

They have not even begun to build the ship as yet. Just leave a hole in your schedule for the fall of 2008.

Sal,

Did the QM2 crossing this April. No problem with embark or debark whatsoever. Ship is awesome, unlike any "cruise" ship we've been on. You'll love it! Make it a point to go to the planetarium. Not to be missed!

Bobbie

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know when construction is scheduled to begin? I would imagine it would have to be pretty soon if they are going to meet the 2008 deadline....

Hi Nick !

A specific date has not been announced, but if you do the math, they must start building soon to meet the 2008 deadline. While I feel that the scheduling is getting tight, Celebrity and Meyer Werft's track records as to being on schedule, is fantastic... so I am still hopeful everything is on track. I will feel a lot better when we hear that construction has begun. Hopefully, that news will be coming soon.

Yes, count me in. I've always wanted to do a maiden voyage and would love of it could be with X. I have a sinking feeling that the maiden voyage will be too late in the fall for me to take time off from work, but I have my fingers crossed that it will either be mid Sep or run late and be in Dec! I'm going on her either way, even if it won't be the maiden voyage.

• 2 weeks later...

My guess is that construction will start as soon as Norwegian Pearl leaves the Dockyard:

http://www.meyerwerft.de/main.asp?what=yard&id=1221

Pearl begins cruising in November so I don't think it will be much longer before work commences on Solstice:

http://www.ncl.com/fleet/index.htm

That;s what it will be I think. Pearl is in the larger dock, so I assume that's where she shall be built. As soon as the Pearl float out happens.

Although, there is a small chance the first block for the pearl is already being built in another area of the shipyard, simply to be moved into place after Pearl leaves.

• 2 weeks later...

Andy,

Put us down as an, "Umm, I think so." It would help to know what the itinerary will be. More important, the time frame, as Fall is iffy for us. As for maiden voyage, that would be great, as I love that new car, er, new ship smell. But CC Cruise or not, we are definitely going on Solstice in 2008.

• 5 weeks later...
Ok - construction has begun now we just have to wait for a delivery date! Do you think they're have the maiden voyage in Europe or bring it over to New York or Florida for the maiden voyage? It doesn't really matter, I'm just very excited about it!

Hi Westchester !

Unfortunately, its too soon to tell. I would love it if the first public sailing was out of South Florida, but that may be a bit of a longshot. I think there will probably be a few sailings in Europe first before Solstice repositions to the USA. We have several months before we will know more about specific itineraries.

There was a time I had to be on maiden voyages...but that was when a new ship launch was special, unique and rare. Now they are routine. But in the case of this ship I am going to plan on the first Voyage even though I do not like big ships.

I will speculate the voyage will be out of Ft lauderdale possibly after a swing down the east coast to show her off.

I have asked my TA to see if she could get me on a waiting list so when the books open I have a shot at a cabin. I did this in preparation for the QM2...but cancelled out after getting a cabin....which to this date I regret. So in the case of this ship....I'm there.

If there is going to be a CC group, please count me in.

Tom

I will speculate the voyage will be out of Ft lauderdale possibly after a swing down the east coast to show her off.

Tom

Hi Tom !

I think it will all depend on how late in 2008, Solstice is completed. If they finish Solstice during the Caribbean season, and it looks that way.... The maiden sailing might be a TA, or Celebrity may choose to sail empty and bring Solstice directly to Florida. Not that I am totally assuming Solstice will homeport in Florida, but based on past history, I do think the odds are excellent she will be there for her Caribbean season.

While they may choose to do what Royal Caribbean has done of late, and have Solstice do a few short Cruises from NYC, that's not what Celebrity has done in the past, so I am doubtful of that happening.

We still have a long way to go. I hope we hear some details about Solstice in the coming months.

• 2 months later...

Archived