discounted fares - do we still get captains club advantages?

Tony UK

In a UK Saturday newspaper there was a letter from a couple who had cruised with P&O many times in the past and were members of the POSH club (frequent cruisers programme). This year the club has been re-launched as the PORTUNIS(?) club.

They said that they had bought a discounted ticket for his P&O cruise and P&O had written to them to say they would not get the advantages of the club on the cruise as they were on a discounted ticket.

Sounds wrong to me that they are being penalised for finding a good bargain!

What do you think - does it apply to Captains club?

When we purchased through SkyAuction last year for an RCCL cruise, we got credit for the cruise (Crown and Anchor Society). This put our total cruises with RCCL over five, and gave us Platinum Status. We even received an official letter in the mail welcoming us to Platinum Status.

I would think all other cruise lines, regardless of who the TA or discount online travel agency is, would give credit.

I would call the Captains Club to verify this before you book.

SDCRuiser

Hi Tony !

I have never heard of a situation with Celebrity, where you are denied onboard perks for being a Captains Club Member.

About the only thing that you may be penalized with, involves the use of a Captains Club Coupon. Much of the time, on highly discounted or "Happy Hour" Specials, they do not accept the Captains Club Coupon.

I Do Not think there is any chance of you being denied Captains Club Perks while onboard.

I cannot comment on P & O, but if in fact, they are denying their benefits because someone booked on a Discounted fare, I think that would be a very poor way to treat their loyal past customers.

Regards,

Andy

I think with current situation in cruise industry 99% pax are buying discounted cruises. (every www travel agency sells cruises at discount).

Thanks everyone for your replies. I agree Andy that it did not seem a good way for P&O to thank passengers who clearly had travelled with them many times before.

Glad to hear it's not happening on Celebrity!

Tony and Angie

Archived