teenagers without sport jacket allowed at formal dinner?

loowho

I have a teenager that is going on the Destiny with us in a few days. He doesn't have a sport jacket and probably will NEVER wear one again if I buy one just for this cruise... Is it critical he wear on for formal night? He has nice pants, shirt, and tie to wear.

Of course he will be allowed to attend formal dinner in the dining room with what you described. However, it would be nice if he had a jacket. You might do what I've read some others say - go to a thrift shop where you can find one for $5-10. Just a thought. Enjoy!:)

He can definitely wear a shirt and tie rather than a sport jacket. But if you can get him into a suit or sport jacket, he will look terrific. I ditto the suggestion to check good will or consignment shops for great buys.

I have a teenager that is going on the Destiny with us in a few days. He doesn't have a sport jacket and probably will NEVER wear one again if I buy one just for this cruise... Is it critical he wear on for formal night? He has nice pants, shirt, and tie to wear.

This was a common site on formal nights for our cruises and nobody seem to care.

;) he'll be just fine......have a super cruise ........

One more thing about teens on formal night:

Some dress in suit/tux/formal

Some dress just in nice clothes

Some skip it and just eat in the buffet

One big thing is that on some cruises the teens have their own formal night in the teen area and we adults are not invited! Once you and your teen board ship you may never see him until its time to go home and he needs more money! The teens have a great time together once they break the ice the first day and the teen centers are wonderful!

Archived