Last minute cruise on Fascination

brcris75

We were on Fascination a couple weeks ago. Parking is in the structure right across from the ship. We got there about 12:30 and with everything filled out went quickly through to the process and onto the ship. Try the pizza and the sushi for us...we forgot! Our cabin was about third from the starboard bow--quite interesting. We're on the Imagination in about three weeks so we'll get another shot at everything since the ships are essentially the same.

Did the Fascination 3/06 and wrote a review that was posted here at CC, look for a review by veryhotred. :p We had a blast on the Fascination, was our first cruise. We stayed in the Empress deck and it was smooth ride all the way. We slept like babies and never felt any pullling into or out of ports. Getting on and off the ship was a breeze and neither took more than 20 minutes. The staff was very nice and the ship was very clean. The pizza is very good and you can order a whole pizza if you would like too and remember it is available 24 hours a day. We had a Mexican midnight buffet one night that was amazing! The formal night was Saturday night, the night we were in Nassau all night so we did not attend after being at the beach all day. You can get a taxi to Paradise Island for $4 per person one way or there is also a boat to take you as well. Paradise Island was nice, the beach was very clean. We did not take part in any shore excursions, we walked around and shopped and then headed to the beach. Any more questions and I can try to answer them....have a great time! :rolleyes:

Thanks Twaincruisers and veryhotred!

It's been 19 years since we've been to Nassau and Paradise Island so I'm quite sure it will be totally different than what I remember! The itenerary shows that we'll be in Nassua over night. We've not done that before. What time do you have to be back on board the ship? I know it's usually an hour or so before sailing, but what about when it stays overnight?

Thanks Twaincruisers and veryhotred!

It's been 19 years since we've been to Nassau and Paradise Island so I'm quite sure it will be totally different than what I remember! The itenerary shows that we'll be in Nassua over night. We've not done that before. What time do you have to be back on board the ship? I know it's usually an hour or so before sailing, but what about when it stays overnight?

No problem, glad I could help some :D. Watch your capers for the exact time to be back onboard but for us it was 5am I believe. That was easy for us, we can hardly stay awake past midnight anymore...lol....

5am would definately not be a problem for us either! I'm getting to that age where the mind says "GO!" but the body says "NO!" lol But I am curious as to what there is to do at night. And did it seem safe? (Yea, I'm a worrywart!)

We didn't go into Nassau at night but I am sure a lot of people did. I know there was some Senor Frogs or something like that there that is a hot spot but we didn't go at night, we were on the ship. Once you get off the ship and go through this little building/terminal there are taxis and people working that can help you in finding places to go. I would definitely have felt safe going that far alone. Perhaps you could take a taxi to paradise Island and have dinner? I am sure though that they can assist you with something or somewhere to go, sorry I can't be of more help. :o

Archived