Disposable UNDERWATER Cameras ?????

Hi, I'd like some opinions, please. I will be going snorkeling for the first time (obviously, won't be going too deep lol!!) and would like opinions on which company's cameras that you like or dislike - I've heard of Kodak, Fuji, Agra, but if you know of others, please advise! I'd really appreciate your help.
Dolores

Hi, we've used both Kodak and Fuji and gotten great results with both. Just don't use them indoors, I gave my son an underwater camera to use on board and those pictures didn't turn out. Have a great cruise

The Fuji is usually a dollar cheaper. . .but I noticed that the Kodak is good in deeper water. So look at the labels. Kodak is good for 50 feet and Fuji is good for 35 feet. Go to Walmart or Kmart. . .best prices.

I vote for the Fuji, too. I used to manage a photographic retail outlet, so I'm pretty familiar with them.

Without a flash, as you go deeper, all your photos will have a blue tinge to them. Not always possible, but try not to take any underwater pictures of subjects more than arms length away. The closer you can get to your subject and the closer to the surface you can be, the happier you'll be with the results.

Last of all, be careful with the film in the camera. It is 800 speed and will most certainly be damaged (fogged) by airline security x-rays. Even after the photos have been taken, if you haven't had the film developed, it can still be damaged.

I've used both Kodak and Fuji, and my results were marginally better with Fuji. Better color, anyway, but that's a development issue. I've even used the Kodak as deep as 60 feet while scuba diving. They work fine that deep, but you have to ascend to about 12-14 feet to advance the film. Only tried that once. :D For the very best photos, shoot about 3 feet from your subject, stay in very shallow and clear water, and shoot on a sunny day without a flash.

Archived