Connecting cabins?

Cruise Lover Kathy

I know I read some threads about this but now I can't find them!:confused:

We are in 5241 on the Oct 12 sail to Canada/New England. Just noticed it is connecting. With 7 cruises on different lines, we have never had a connecting.

Are there usually noise problems or just if Murphy's Law kicks in?

Does the idea of duct tape on the door frame really work?

Yes, it does make for a bit more noise from next door, but if you have noisy neighbours you are going to here it anyway The duct tape really won't make much difference to the noise, but you could find it useful if next door are smokers (and you are not) - smoke does filter in through the gaps

We have had interconnecting doors a few times and never had any problem

David.

also the sofa is smaller to allow for the doorway

Hi

I'm very sorry, but I have to disagree with you.

The door between cabins is on the other wall facing the beds between the bathroom wall and the desk. At least I'm certain it was in the two cabins with these doors that I went into. As the sofa barely seats two I'm not sure how it could be smaller!

(And someone correct me if I'm wrong, could be my memory!).

Sorry to disagree, very best wishes.

"I know I read some threads about this but now I can't find them!:confused:

We are in 5241 on the Oct 12 sail to Canada/New England. Just noticed it is connecting. With 7 cruises on different lines, we have never had a connecting.

Are there usually noise problems or just if Murphy's Law kicks in?"

Last summer, my family and I were stayed in cabins 5241 and 5245, and I honestly cannot remember hearing any noise from the adjoining cabin, but maybe its just me. I agree with mufi, if you have particularly noisy neighbours then you'll probably hear them, but then again you probably would even if there was no linking door. Hope you have a great time on your trip!

Hi

I'm very sorry, but I have to disagree with you.

The door between cabins is on the other wall facing the beds between the bathroom wall and the desk. At least I'm certain it was in the two cabins with these doors that I went into. As the sofa barely seats two I'm not sure how it could be smaller!

(And someone correct me if I'm wrong, could be my memory!).

Sorry to disagree, very best wishes.

we were in cabin 10025 and the sofa was smaller to allow for the connecting doorway!! sofa was a 2 cushion as opposed to a 3cushion sofa!!HONEST!!!! my friends had similar room but not connecting and we compared the differences BEST REGARDS

we were in cabin 10025 and the sofa was smaller to allow for the connecting doorway!! sofa was a 2 cushion as opposed to a 3cushion sofa!!HONEST!!!! my friends had similar room but not connecting and we compared the differences BEST REGARDS

2moose

Ah, that solves it! I was talking of Britannia class, you're talking of Princess grade. I'm sure you are correct. I think (?) I am. Knew there had to be an answer.

My apologies for my misunderstanding.

Can I also thank you for the tone of your message, occasionally here you see an argument developing, it's reassuring to disagree with someone (and have someone disagree with you) but not get a flame in response.

Very best wishes,

Archived