Princess barhop?

lizard7

I read in some review that on the Sapphire Princess cruise in Alaska, there was a bar hop? SOunded like they went to all the bars on the ship and got a shirt saying "I survived the Princess barhop". Anyone know what this is exactly? It sounds awesome!

I did the bar hopper on the Coral through the Panama Canal a couple of years ago and got a really neat hat. Only cost me around $40 :) . I did enjoy getting it though. Back then you had a choice of a baseball cap, a shirt, or 3 shot glasses like they used for the wine tasting. I hope to "bar hop" again this winter on the Golden Princess Transatlantic - maybe I can get a free cruise or something :D :o :p :eek:

I asked about it on our CB cruise two weeks ago and they said Princess discontinued it. (I think my bar bill was lower because I didn't have to collect the T-Shirt!!!) :D

Wow, that is just too sad for words. We got a t-shirt and a hat on the Regal Princess in May. My DH will be very sad if this program has been discontinued:( .

I read in some review that on the Sapphire Princess cruise in Alaska, there was a bar hop? Sounded like they went to all the bars on the ship and got a shirt saying "I survived the Princess barhop". Anyone know what this is exactly? It sounds awesome!

On our last cruise DH, myself and our 4 other friends completed the "Bar Hop" twice each. You have to get your card stamped at every bar and then hand it in and on the last full day at sea they draw the cards for the Teeshirts and the grand prize is a bottle of champagne. All six of us won the teeshirts and the grand prize. We drank the champagne at dinner the last night and all wore our teeshirts home .

Vicki

My brother did the barhop thing on the Sapphire from 5/6/06-5/14/06. It was a great way to get to see many parts of the ship that he might not have seen. The funny part is, once you get down to the end and you only need a couple of stamp, the card is practically falling apart! haha! That's because 3/4 is punched through. He will probably never wear his hat but he had a lot of fun getting that card all punched and he met some great people while doing so!

We're set to sail on the Crown in December. I hope they have the barhop on that one too.

We also did the Scavanger Hunt on the Grand and the Sapphire. TONS of fun! You get to know a lot of crew members and discover many areas of the ship that you might not have a chance to see. It's a lot of work but it's fun!

Happy Sailing!

-Deanna

200612092200_2.gif

It's not discontinued, we just did it.

It's a great way to see the whole ship. Luckily they only have room on the card for 12 bars, so there's 2 you don't have to go to: Churchill's and the Oasis.

Where do you get the card that needs to be stamped? Sounds like a lot of fun. Is this something that's done "on your own", or is it a group activity guided (I might need to be guided near the end:eek: ) by a staff member on a particular day onboard?

Where do you get the card that needs to be stamped? Sounds like a lot of fun. Is this something that's done "on your own", or is it a group activity guided (I might need to be guided near the end:eek: ) by a staff member on a particular day onboard?

You get it at any bar at any time, although I'd recommend getting it the first day!

You do it own your own, at your own pace. just get a stamp when you get a drink.

We would sometimes get a drink in a bar we needed the stamp for then bring it to the show or to another bar from which we already had the stamp.

I too love The Bar hop card. I got the T-Shirt on the grand, Hat on The sea Princess, T-Shirt on The Island But this last May while on The Coral Princess I was told at 3 different bars that it was not offered on the coral. So I will be back on the Coral Princess and will try again.

Cricketdog

Hubby and I did it on the CB last October, bar hop I mean.

Our friendly bartender at Crooners signed off on a few extra boxes for us.

Unfortunately, there was only one t-shirt left on the last day and DH was nice enough to let me have it. I hope they still have the bar hop cause he's counting on getting his shirt this year.

This sounds awesome. We will definitely be doing this on our cruise if it's still offered. So are you able to get a card for each day if your a big drinker? I'm sure my boyfriend and I will be able to fill up the card on the first day............

The first time I read this I was under the impression that you'd have to complete this task (getting a hole punched for each bar onboard) in one day. Wouldn't that be a nice challenge, although I think some wouldn't have a problem doing so.

It wouldn't be that hard.

Bailey's and coffee for breakfast, two if you were out late.

Bloody Mary with beer chase mid morning.

Wine with lunch.

Two or three beers at the pool.

Margarita with BINGO.

A Martini, or two before dinner.

Wine with dinner.

Cognac and coffee after dinner.

A Stinger on the rocks to calm your stomach, while playing craps.

Maloox before bed.

On the Golden in 9/04 went to the "sports bar" on the first night to get a draft beer and watch the replay of a car race on ESPN Desportes and made friends with the bartender who was on her first cruise in that position. That became our favorite place for pre/post-dinner drinks. The other bartender there even became friends with us and gave me a couple of free drinks during the cruise (the only time ever on all of our cruises).

Anyway, on the final night of the cruise I was enjoying one last beer and saying goodbye when a couple of ladies came in to claim their bar-hopping prize. I didn't realize Princess did this (Norwegian did) and bugged my friends behind the bar to give me a prize too for my loyal patronage. I ended up with a really cool Princess/Dos XXX visor. Really nice staff made this one of my favorite "little" cruise moments.

It wouldn't be that hard.

Bailey's and coffee for breakfast, two if you were out late.

Bloody Mary with beer chase mid morning.

Wine with lunch.

Two or three beers at the pool.

Margarita with BINGO.

A Martini, or two before dinner.

Wine with dinner.

Cognac and coffee after dinner.

A Stinger on the rocks to calm your stomach, while playing craps.

Maloox before bed.

One thing you have to remember is that you only get 1 punch (or stamp) per bar, so if you have 2 or 3 beers at the pool, you will be getting only 1 stamp. It is easier to pick up a drink at another bar on your way to the pool. Also, this is only happening at the bars listed on the card. Drinks during dinner aren't going to help as your waiter is not going to be able to get your card punched:(

We have been doing the "barhop" on every princess cruise you see on our signature. The key is to get two cards right at the beginning of your cruise and try to hit the out of the way places that you wouldn't normal drink at alot. (i.e. the Lobby bar by the atrium, the Wakeview bar hidden in the aft of the ship).

The cards on the Golden, Grand and Caribbean had 15 bars but the one on the Sapphire only had 12. I'm not sure how many are on the Crown card.

Archived