Cat 11 Guar on Conquest

tiger70

We booked a guaranteed cat 11 on the Conquest for Oct 1 -- 4th cruise but first booking a guaranty. I am particularly interested in where (beside the Empress Deck) there might be Cat 11s tucked away that we might end up with. I see that there are two (9205 and 9206) staterooms, both with smaller balconies, on the Lido Deck. I'd like to know what my odds are for getting stuck with one of those two staterooms.

Anyone know how this guaranty thing really works? At this moment I believe there are 10 Cat 11's and 7 Cat 12's still open on this cruise. I'm trying to determine if we'll definitely end up with one of those (or one of the two on the Lido Deck), or does Carnival have some staterooms in reserve? Do they overbook staterooms? Carnival said no, when I asked.

Any comments from your 'pro' cruisers would be appreciated!

Thanks,

tiger70

Conquest corner afts are cat 9A. Only the Spirt class has the suites on the aft corners.

--

when you booked your cat 11 you were parked in one. so the chance of those cabins being overbooked are slim to none. Your chances of getting one of those cabins listed are there. You booked a cat 11 guarantee so you get at least a cat 11 suite anywhere on the ship. there is only two decks that have suites. Empress Deck- (Lido deck has 2 suites 9205 and 9206)

How many in your one cabin?

I can't add anything further regarding your question, but I noticed that you are sailing October 1 on the Conquest. Come on over to the Roll Call thread for that sailing and get to know some of the other CCers that will be on your sailing.

Also, I wanted to mention that I had a Cat 11 last year on the Conquest (Empress Deck), so if you have any other questions, feel free to ask!

Hope to see you over on the Roll Call...:D

Texas Green Eyes,

Thanks for the response. I did post on the roll call thread, so we can compare notes over there. You mentioned you had a Cat 11 on the Conquest last year. Care to share your thoughts, or should I find your review for that info?

Regards,

tiger70

Texas Green Eyes.....

I really enjoyed reading your review of the Conquest you took with your sisters. You had me laughing!!!! :D Glad all of you had a good time!!!

Luv2cruise14,

You do not know how much your kind words mean to me, an aspiring writer. Thank you! :D

Texas Green Eyes,

Thanks for the response. I did post on the roll call thread, Yay! so we can compare notes over there. You mentioned you had a Cat 11 on the Conquest last year. Care to share your thoughts, or should I find your review for that info?

Regards,

tiger70

Okay!...headed over to the Roll Call now. :) Here is a link to my review. BUT...it is very long compared to most. Consider yourself warned. :p

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=14479

Archived