Bar prices.

David2115

Just booked Caribbean Connoiseur 111 ruise on QM2 for November 17th 2007. There are 4 adults and we all like a drink. I was wondering what are bar prices like. I have cruised with Carnival before, should I expect similar bar bills.

Just booked Caribbean Connoiseur 111 ruise on QM2 for November 17th 2007. There are 4 adults and we all like a drink. I was wondering what are bar prices like. I have cruised with Carnival before, should I expect similar bar bills.

we sailed last year most mixed drinks were $ 4-$5 usd which included a small tip !!! ( sorry about the snotty answer above most people are friendly on this board) enjoy your cruise bonvoyage

Having sailed both brands, IMO yes, you will see similar bar bills.

Jim.

Hi David2115

Thanks for asking the question, as has been said, you'll find the prices very reasonable, cheaper than an on shore hotel or resort of similar quality. You'll also find the standard of bar service very high. Make sure you get the soft drinks package (should you ever require soft drinks, I have been known to drink them, although I belong to that group of people who believe that gin is not just a morning beverage).

I really hope you enjoy your cruise, hopefully the first of many cruises or crossings, you'll find Queen Mary a great liner, November 2007 may seem a long way off, but time will fly by.

As for the other comment, should you ever get on a Cunard ship again, please let me know (well in advance) which crossing or cruise you're thinking of booking.....

You'll find the prices very reasonable, cheaper than an on shore hotel or resort of similar quality.

Hi David (and welcome to a fellow Yorkshireman) - I'd tend to agree with seaelf - if you have to ask the price WHEN ONBOARD then you shouldn't bee there - however asking the price before you get there is no more than good (Yorkshire:) ) common sense. I'm talking about the QE2 (but I'd expect prices to be similar) where you'd pay the same as you would on shore. I think the discrepancy between cheaper or the same depends on the kind of establishment your are comparing the ship to.

Enjoy your trip

Thanks for the replies, It looks like whoever posted the snotty reply has removed it or had it removed. I have to say that I am not surprised that some people are snooty, I bet these people are really upset that cruising is now more affordable and open to the mass market. Even poor old yorkshire folk can afford it nowadays.

I am glad to log on and see that snotty post gone also-we don't need those kind on here- we are cruising QM2 in December, can't wait-sorry I don't have your answer though- we were on the Caribbean Inagural in 2004, prices are probably different now

You know, I was just telling Maria. I feel really bad- I think the guy wasn't meaning to be snotty (just like you haughty folks who hate us po' folk who wear our diamond encrusted denim evening gowns<G>) I think the guy was trying to make a very bad joke, and it didn't come off too well (Remember to use smilies, folks! Or <G>'s- grins- To show you are joking. People can't hear your inflection on here!) Poor guy will probably hang his head and never show up on here again, for his horrible faux pas. Once the ball started rolling from the first person taking umbrage, it just picked up speed and bowled the poor guy over!

Come back whoever you are! All is forgiven!

(As long as you don't mention the "S" word, or wear jeans or mention the "Floating Frat Party Line" or question the cost of booze after you've just spent your last dollar and your Aunt Millie's nursing home money to book the Queen Mary 2!) <G>

Karie, who has NEVER, no NEVER! made a joke that fell flat, (right on someone else's toes)

...Lately

I think the guy wasn't meaning to be snotty

No, just another bitchy Queen! (I will point out that I'm typing this with a big grin on my face).

Just like you haughty folks who hate us po' folk who wear our diamond encrusted denim evening gowns<G>

We don't hate you - we just look down on you:p. Good point about smilies though and <G> because you can only use three smilies per post:(

As long as you don't mention the "S" word, or wear jeans or mention the "Floating Frat Party Line" or question the cost of booze after you've just spent your last dollar and your Aunt Millie's nursing home money to book the Queen Mary 2! <G>

Steerage, jeans are obvious (and comfortable for the daytime) and drinks ARE expensive - but what's the FFP Line? (Oh, and what's wrong with the QE2?:confused: )

Wish I had never started this....:) I didn't even see what was written so I am not offended... I was only interested in the price of Alcohol so I knew how much board to take from the Childrens pocket money!:)

I was only interested in the price of Alcohol so I knew how much board to take from the Children's pocket money!:)

That's the way to deal with kids - get them p****d for the whole cruise - then you don't have to bother with them:D

No, just another bitchy Queen! (I will point out that I'm typing this with a big grin on my face).

We don't hate you - we just look down on you:p. Good point about smilies though and <G> because you can only use three smilies per post:(

Steerage, jeans are obvious (and comfortable for the daytime) and drinks ARE expensive - but what's the FFP Line? (Oh, and what's wrong with the QE2? )

Gosh, pnhmrk!

Queens? Bitchy! What say you? Why, I never! :p

Don't forget <BEG> (Big Evil Grin) <VBG> Very Big Grin and of course, <SEG> Uh.... Syrup Eating Grin... or something!

FFP?? Why Darling, It's the company that owns our favorite line! The one with the whale-tail-fin styled funnels and the water slides. Then one that is the favorite of younger drinking-to-excess types. With the acres high atrium with bawdy singing from the piano bar even as scads of children run around with their worst manners on!

Oh, and speaking of children. David, I have a motto for children- (Especially bad ones, like my friend has) I keep telling her to sell them while they're still cute! :D Of course she ignored my advice and now her twin boys (who are serious reprobates, are getting their drivers licenses. For that reason I am thinking of turning in mine! After all,If you don't like their driving, you should stay off of the sidewalk! :eek:

Karie,

Who is just kidding...

Really!

Heres what I found for prices on the med cruise, Corona $3.95, Rum and coke $4.89, daily drink specials $5.75 and martinis up to $8.00.

I found bar service to be a little slow and maybe just a tad snooty.

tipping xtra speeds service and makes the bartenders act like they really like us!! I guess i really over tipped because we were invited to the crew bar( we were in tux and gowns i'm not positive but i think the women had the gowns on) drinks in the crew bar are about $.50 and up and the service is great !! we also recieved t shirts that said" we survived the crew bar" ya gotta luv it!!!!!!!!!!! bonvoyage!!!!!!!!!!!

Tipping xtra speeds service and makes the bartenders act like they really like us!! I guess i really over tipped because we were invited to the crew bar( we were in tux and gowns I'm not positive but i think the women had the gowns on) drinks in the crew bar are about $.50 and up and the service is great !! we also received t shirts that said" we survived the crew bar" ya gotta luv it!!!!!!!!!!! bonvoyage!!!!!!!!!!!

Tipping isn't the only way to get into the crew's quarters! Cunard don't approve and I wouldn't do it any more;)

Tipping isn't the only way to get into the crew's quarters! Cunard don't approve and I wouldn't do it any more;)

come on folks you gotta have a sense of humor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! best regards

WHAT IS STATE CUPBOARD??????????????

Is a very clever name for the smallest cabins aboard QE2 (and my god there are a lot of them). The sort of cabin that you have to go into facing the right way because once you're in there, you can't turn around. A cabin where the "smallest room" is actually bigger than the cabin itself. You know, you get out of bed and find yourself in the passageway. A coffin has a greater feeling of space. Think "stateroom" as they are inclined to call cabins, think "cupboard" as a very small room, then "state cupboard"

Archived