Dress Code for Magica

jpm1919

Hi,

We've booked a back to back Baltic/Fjords trip in August. Can you guys help me with the dress code for both men and women?

Thanks,

Janette

Dress Code

Daytime: Daytime dress on a Costa cruise is casual, such as light, cotton clothing or swimwear with cover-up. Tennis shoes or low heeled walking shoes are recommended for exploring ports of call. While most shore excursions do not have dress codes, some tours specifically prohibit shorts and sleeveless shirts and require ladies to wear knee-length skirts or slacks. Additionally, for those guests traveling to Northern Europe, sweaters, lightweight jackets, raincoats and hats are also recommended.

Evening: Your Costa Cruise will feature 2 formal nights on 7- night cruises where men may choose from tuxedos or dark suits and ladies wear evening or cocktail dresses. The number of formal nights may vary depending on cruise length and itinerary.

In the Caribbean, two nights will be informal evenings where men are requested to wear sports coats while ladies wear resort attire. On the remaining three casual nights, ladies wear casual resort attire while men may dress more comfortably in dress shirts and slacks with or without sports coats. (One of these casual nights is a Roman Bacchanal to which you may wish to wear a custom toga or accessorize your bedsheet/toga). Resort attire is the norm on the other evenings.

I was on this past Easter cruise. As someone who likes to dress up, it was a bit disappointing. No dress code ever enforced..in fact, I took pix of people in shorts and t-shirts on Formal Night!

In previous cruises I've been on people have been turned away without a jacket. Not so on Costa.

whats the big deal about dress codes at dinner, why does it matter, why worry about what everyone else is wearing?

if they wanna follow the rules cool, if not, it doenst affect my cruise any.

i dressed up for dinner ever night too because i liked it. i saw a very few number of people not dressed up (maybe 2 per night) but it never bothered me any, and if you want to wear t-shirts and shorts on formal night go ahead! it's your cruise :) :) :)

but i am confused as to the need to take pictures of underdressed individuals...elaborate?

I agree with "to each his own." I was responding however to the dress concerns. Some people really like the "formality" of dinner....it's part of the atmosphere you pay for. I just didn't see it on my cruise..I would have brought much less clothes and forgot the heels!

I agree with Joe. However, the Costa Magica is such a beautiful ship and on formal nights when you go into the lounge where they are dancing, you will want to be dressed up on formal nights. It was my experience that it was an older crowd when I was sailing and the people dressed to the nines.

But you do what you want to do - we did - however, I do wish I had invested some money in some nice clothes; however, I did not have the funds to do it.

We had a lot of fun just sitting there watching the people dance together. It was really nice.

Incidentally, I have never, ever forgotten the delicious Olive Oil they had on the Magica. It was green in color and was not a Spanish olive oil. I think I finally found some that is close to the taste. It is a GREEN olive oil as opposed to a gold. Their olive oil was very fruity. I just wished I had gotten the name of it :(

Enjoy your wonderful cruise 'Italian Style'! Also wanted to say the arts and crafts are really fun on sea days and the spa is simply relaxing and wonderful!

Archived