Tell me about Explorer please!

Hi all,

Complete and total new person here, just registered with Cruise Critic today and, just booked our first two...yes that's right..two cruises for 2007 this morning.:eek:

I'd love ANY information you can share with me about Explorer of the Seas.

Thanks so much. Everyone on here has been exceptionally nice and helpful to me so far!

We were just on Explorer for 6-16-06 to 6-25-06. She is a beautiful ship. The crew is excellent. You must make time to go to the Promanede on deck 5. The shops are there along with a couple of bars and the Cafe Promanede. The parade is worth seeing. Another must see is the ice show in studio B. It is amazing what they can do on a ship. The Quest game is also held in Studio B one of the nights. I won't give you the details of the Quest game but I will say youv'e got to see it to believe it. It is for adults only. Portifino's is well worth the $20/person cover charge. Excellent service and excellent food. You will enjoy your time on Explorer. We will be sailing on her again 5-20-07 to Bermuda this time.:cool:

I was on the ship with Dashton and agree with everything she said. There is plenty to do for everyone. Enjoy the pools, the shows (I thought they were great). You will never be bored. If you have any specific questions, there are plenty of helpful people here.

I was on the ship with Dashton and agree with everything she said. There is plenty to do for everyone. Enjoy the pools, the shows (I thought they were great). You will never be bored. If you have any specific questions, there are plenty of helpful people here.

AND I was on the same trip with Dash and Starlake (how you guys doin'?)

Can you have too much fun on a vacation?! The answer is YES!

Here's a good web site of pictures of th Explorer: http://www.ultimatetaxi.com/cruise_photos/explorer_of_the_seas1.htm

I think we are all going through withdrawl this week. :(

I have to also say the Explorer is a wonderful ship. The staff is beyond fantastic and they try so hard to make sure everyone is having a great time. click on my link to see our Explorer photos. You will see nothing but smiles.

Explorer is my favorite ship. There was something about our cruise on her that just stands out a bit from the rest. The ship itself is magnificent, we had an amazingly friendly crew on board with us. The dining room service was the best we have had on RCI and equal to what we had on Celebrity's Horizon.

My advice is take some time to walk each deck of the ship. Do not leave at the end of the week saying that you have not seen the entire ship. Don't miss the ice show. Take the time to remember your impression the first time you step onto the Royal Promenade. Get up early and watch her sail into port while you have almost the entire ship to yourself. Stay up later and experience a Caribbean night. There is plenty of time to sleep when you get home. And, enjoy the anticipation of your upcoming cruise. Your time aboard her will go by way too fast.

Thank you all for taking the time to answer! And thank you for sharing your pictures, I can see Explorer is truly a beautiful ship! What are your personal favorite things about it? I'm looking for hints of things not to miss, stuff like that.

I would definitely not miss the oportunity to go to Portofino's. It was the most incredible dinner I have ever had. Also, there is this waitor in there that is so expressive in the way he descirbes the offerings it alone is worth the $20 to go. I highly recommend this as a "do not miss"

Dawn, I like the ice skating show

Always good to see the production shows.

Although there is now a surcharge, I love Johnny Rockets.

And as mentioned before dont miss the parades down the Promenade.

Midnight buffet is great.

Mike

I have to also say the Explorer is a wonderful ship. The staff is beyond fantastic and they try so hard to make sure everyone is having a great time. click on my link to see our Explorer photos. You will see nothing but smiles.

Hello! I just wanted to interrupt and say that I so very much enjoyed looking at all of your photos from your cruise on the Explorer----we are going in October; we've never been on her. You and your family sure did have a lot of smiles!

Leslie

How about the shore excursions. I see so many in the RC book I received. It talks about booking your excursion before you leave, but how do you know which one's are really worth it? Any ideas, "must do's" or "must don'ts"?

Archived