Food & Wine Tasting Menu at the Pinnacle

Yes, the ships are still offering this. Many people don't know about it even though the menu is posted outside the Pinnacle. The charge is $49 per person. So few people even do it that on the second week of the cruise, they actually set one night aside for people to join others for this special dinner. It was held on the second formal night at 7:30 (remember that I have mentioned in another post that the Mariner's Party was also on this night at 7 PM).

Amuse

Domaine Ste Michele Crvee Brut

Smoked Salmon Tartare with Grilled Asparagus Wasabi Sabayon

Chateau Ste Michele Sauvignon Blanc Horse Heaven, Columbia Valley

Butternut Squash Soup with Caramelized Apple & Fried Sage

McCrea, Syrah, Walla Walla

Choice of:

Pinnacle Grill Duet - Filet of Beef & Medallion of Lamb - apple spiced chutney & mint oil, sun dried tomato, demi sauce

Northstar Merlot, Walla Walla

OR

Triology Northwest Seafood - Scampi in ginger beurre blanc, Diver Scallops with orange leek marmalade & Seared Tuna Medallion with sesame soy kalbi

Columbia Crest Grand Estate Chardonnay, Columbia Valley

The Praline Crunch layered chocolate & cappuccino mousse

Chateau Ste Michele Cabernet Sauvignon, Cold Creek

Assorted Cheeses

Whidbey's Port

KK,

Thanks for this info and all the other info you have posted. You always come back from a cruise with the best information and take the time to share it with all of us.

KK, we join with Gizmo in thanking you for posting this menu and the lunch menu.

The wine menu sounds like a good deal. We think of it as $20 for the Pinnacle, $29 for the Washington State wines. We wonder how flexible they are if someone doesn't like, or can't eat, a particular course. In our case, for example, Joe is allergic to chocolate, so he wouldn't be able to eat the dessert.

On my 2 trips on the Oosterdam, I have done the tasting menu each time. The above menu looks wonderful. I will be on the Noordam in July, and have a couple of reservations paid for. I have no doubt that at least one night I will do their tasting menu.

Each time has been absolutely wonderful. It's certainly worth the "price of admission", and I only suggest you don't have too many pre-dinner glasses of wine, or cocktails, as the wines are certainly free-flowing!!!

It's an opportunity not to be missed! Enjoy!

JMHO,

Paul

Oh...if you have a "problem" with any course, just ask your waiter...there's no problem at tailoring your choices.... The object is for you to enjoy yourself, and they will make sure you do!

The first time we did the Food and Wine menu was when it was introduced in May 2004 while we were on the Maasdam. One night was set aside for the event. I know I reported about it when we got back - but who knows where that post is now. The menu then was different than what I have just posted. We all met in the Explorer's Lounge before going into dinner.

The second time we did it last there was even another different menu. They didn't have Tuna then - just salmon and shrimp.

the food and wine tasting sounds great. does anyone know if this is available on the 7 day alaska inside passage cruise aboard the Vollendam? can you book ahead?

The tasting menu should be available at every seating of the Pinnacle.

It should not be missed.

Archived