Attention June Monarch Visitors: I have some questions before we depart on Monday!

We will be boarding the Monarchof the Seas on Monday, July 5th - yes, our vacation is almost here! I was just wondering if any of you recent cruisers aboard the Monarch in June had any last minute recommendations. I also have a couple of questions:

1. Who were the Headliner Entertainment? Did you like them? How about the guest entertainers/comedians?

2. Any recommedations concerning Jade's Sushi bar selections? Was it worth the additional fee, if there is still one in place? Aboard our cruise last December on the Navigator of the Seas, there was NO additional charge for sushi at Jades - I wonder why the Monarch charges for theirs - any idea?

3. This questions is regarding the shops on the ship; did they have a sale towards the end of your cruise? Did you find an exceptional price or deal on something? Did they have any liquor on sale? Do you recall what it was?

3. I'm in the process of packing, as we're driving down to LA this weekend. I understand the weather on the coast has been overcast, so I'm including a few cool weather items, just in case. Was there anything you didn't bring with you that you regret now?

Thanks in advance for all your input. I really appreciate everyone's advice.

Bon Voyage!

Geez, it can't be any colder in So Cal, than it's been in the Bay Area. We've had fog and wind every night. We plan on packing some lightweight warmer clothes even for our Monarch cruise in October. When were on Catalina island a few years ago in June, it was overcast, but shorts weather warm. Maybe someone from down there can give us a more current real weather update.

I just logged onto Weather.com and checked temps and forecast for our cruise next week. All ports will be in the mid to upper 70's next week. Cloudy in the morning, some sun if we're lucky in the afternoon. Yes, I will be planning to bring a sweatshirt and a pair of long pants, just in case. Kind of disappointing, if you ask me! I was hoping to lay out by the pool just a little (with lots of sunscreen)!

We're in Sacramento, and couldn't ask for more perfect weather - in the mid-80's during the day, cooling off nicely into the 50's at night. That's unusual for us, as by now, we should be nearing 100+ degrees. But I'm not complaining, even though the kids say the pool is a little cool.

The off shore winds cooling us down at night are probably to blame for your weather in SF. I hear they are going subside as it's going to heat up this weekend up here.

Each time we cruise out of LA in October (we do so every now and then, as our wedding annaversary is October 17th) we consistently have great, no perfect weather. Up here, it's beginning too cool down. But down in LA, it's still summer!

I'll be writing a review when I get back - hopefully we'll see some sun!

Judi, Sailfish is on the July 5th Monarch Cruise. We (pbhunt) are on the October 18th Monarch cruise. I see that there is a group of 25+ on the October 25th cruise. Thanks for asking, though.

Archived