Technical question about uploading pictures

augie

I have a fair number of pictures from my recent cruise to Alaska that I plan to make available for on line viewing.

I shot all of these pictures in Super High Quality mode, and each of the files is in the neighborhood of 2MB large.

I don't neccessarily have a problem uploading them as is, but if there's a certain size, either in memory, pixels, or dimension beyond which is overkill, I certainly wouldn't mind reducing the selected pictures to lessen the upload time.

I have a premium webshots account, but can't find any thing on their support pages that indicate a maximum allowed size to post.

Do any of you experts have any guidance for me, or can you point me to some place where I can learn more onthe subject?

[b][color=black]Augie, [/color][/b]

[b][color=black][/color][/b]
[b][color=black]Even if you could upload them at 2mb each, viewing them for most people would be slow or huge, nearly no one needs that much image density, I would resize them down several notches post and see how you like it, I do that and save the super rich ones for myself.[/color][/b]

Archived