wrap-around balconies

bubbles1209

All of the Destiny, Spirit and Conquest class ships have them, you can go to the Carnival website and look at all the deck plans, as for how to booking them, you just have to call your TA or PVP and see if any are available for the sailing you want.
:o *****, ok, and which ships are in which class?:o

:o *****, ok, and which ships are in which class?:o

Carnival Conquest

Carnival Destiny

Carnival Freedom

Carnival Glory

Carnival Legend

Carnival Liberty

Carnival Miracle

Carnival Pride

Carnival Spirit

Carnival Triumph

Carnival Valor

Carnival Victory

Usually these are Category 9A

We just booked a wrap-around for the Liberty next year, and I'm so excited :) We've had balconies before but this will be the first aft cabin and wrap-around. You can go to webshots and do a search for Carnival Liberty wrap around balconies and it will show some. They are pretty neat looking! Think they are on the Destiny, Spirit and Conquest class ships.

Spirit class ships wrap arounds are cat 11 suites. THese are true suites with the bedroom area being seperate from the sitting area. (other cat 11 on the ship are just one big room)

Only deck 5 do not have the seperate areas.

Spirit class is Spirit, Miracle, Legend & Pride.

--

all the other ships are cat 9A

These cabins will sleep 2 people so if you have 3--you'd be outta luck

The 9A's go fast. We are waiting for the Freedom to post their 2008 schedule to book one for the med. We check every 2 weeks. I would advise you book as soon as you decide on a cruise as you can always cancel or move your booking. Be sure you book with a agency etc. that does not charge you a fee to cancel etc.

MikeM

Cuizer2,

You wouldn't happen to have any pic's of the interior of cabin 7440. We have the same cabin on the Conquest booked and are trying to see what it looks like.

No, I was in 7442. I just leaned over the divider to take the photo. I can show you what the inside of 7442 looks like. Inside they should be very similar. The only real difference is the size of the balcony.

No, I was in 7442. I just leaned over the divider to take the photo. I can show you what the inside of 7442 looks like. Inside they should be very similar. The only real difference is the size of the balcony.

Nice job on the picture!

My wife and I had a Cat. 12 Penthouse on our honeymoon and were told the Cat. 9A room 7440 were almost the same in size, but half the price. Of course they probably lack some of the ammenities of the Cat. 12.

Nice job on the picture!

My wife and I had a Cat. 12 Penthouse on our honeymoon and were told the Cat. 9A room 7440 were almost the same in size, but half the price. Of course they probably lack some of the ammenities of the Cat. 12.

At cat 12 cabin on a Conquest ship is about 345 sq ft with an 85 sq ft balcony. The 9A cabins are about 185 sq ft with a 75 sq ft balcony. A cat 8 cabin is 185 sq ft with a 35 sq ft balcony (except that the rear facing balconies are a little bigger than 35 sq ft).

Cat 12 Suite with large private balcony

Square footage: 345 sq ft

Balcony square footage: 85 sq ft

Occupancy: Up to 4 guests

Amenities: Private balcony, two twin beds that convert to a king-size bed, sitting area, sofa, closet, dressing area, private bathroom with whirlpool tub and shower, hair dryer, mini refrigerator, minibar, TV with VCR, and safe

Cat 9A Deluxe view with private balcony

Square footage: 185 sq ft

Balcony square footage: 75 sq ft

Occupancy: Up to 2 guests

Amenities: Private balcony, two twin beds that convert to a king-size bed, ample drawer and closet space, private bathroom with shower, hair dryer, TV with first-run movies, and telephone

Cat 8 Oceanview cabin with private balcony

Square footage: 185 sq ft

Balcony square footage: 35 sq ft

Occupancy: Up to 2 guests (some sleep 3 or 4)

Amenities: Private balcony, two twin beds that convert to a king-size bed, ample drawer and closet space, private bathroom with shower, hair dryer, TV with first-run movies, and telephone

any balcony on any ship is good. beats being home going to work.

But some balconies are better then others.. and then some are extremly awesome.

We dont spend much time in the cabin so balcony is important. We dont spend much time on a balcony to justify the cost of a wrap around either.

SO for us--- any aft balcony cabin will suit our needs.

Spirit class ships wrap arounds are cat 11 suites. THese are true suites with the bedroom area being seperate from the sitting area. (other cat 11 on the ship are just one big room)

Only deck 5 do not have the seperate areas.

Spirit class is Spirit, Miracle, Legend & Pride.

--

all the other ships are cat 9A

These cabins will sleep 2 people so if you have 3--you'd be outta luck

Serene, we are in a cat. 11 on the Spirit for Alaska next year. Since the bedroom and sitting area are seperate, does it feel cramped?

I didnt think so- its kinda nice because if someone wanted to sleep in and the other wanted to watch tv--its easier to do so without bothering the other person.

You do have a cabin on any deck other then deck 5?

Serene, cabin 8268 on the Pride sleeps 3 people, correct?

both wrap arounds on deck 8 are for 3-- your third person will have a convertible sofa. it dont pull out into a bed-- the back comes off and there ya go.

Hey Serene. Yes, we are booked into 6260 next May. Southbound. I hope we picked the correct side. We are just in a balcony 7219 on our northbound next month. Looking forward to both trips.

Linda

Hey Serene. Yes, we are booked into 6260 next May. Southbound. I hope we picked the correct side. We are just in a balcony 7219 on our northbound next month. Looking forward to both trips.

Linda

having that aft balcony wont make a difference if its the right or wrong side...sitting watching that scenery behiond you will surely be amazing.

Since you are so knowledgeable Serene, one more question. Do you know of any way to get shrimp cocktails delivered to our room for sail away??? All Carnival shows is cream cheese on french bread and sliced egg on white - yuck ;(

Linda

Serene, we are in a cat. 11 on the Spirit for Alaska next year. Since the bedroom and sitting area are seperate, does it feel cramped?

This is cabin 6260 on the Pride ...

Hallway between entry door and sitting room ...

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=72095&g2_serialNumber=2

TV in sitting room ...

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=72109&g2_serialNumber=2

Looking toward bedroom from sitting room ...

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=72099&g2_serialNumber=2

Sitting room from bedroom ...

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=72103&g2_serialNumber=2

Bedroom ...

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=72093&g2_serialNumber=2

Sorry about the picture quality. I have since learned to take better inside photos.

Thanks for the pics Cruizer2. It looks pretty tight. Were you climbing over the chairs in the sitting area all the time? And was it comfortable to watch TV there? Also, where was the balcony door?? Do you think we could get the room steward to remove one of the chairs during our cruise to give us more room??

Thanks for any input. Oh, and if anyone knows, is there any way to order shrimp cocktails for sail-away on our balcony?? The cream cheese on french bread and sliced egg on white bread just doesn't quite get the job done if you know what I mean:o

Archived