Sunrise and Sunset photos

Do you prefer sunrises or sunsets?  

844 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer sunrises or sunsets?

• I prefer sunrises.
    • I prefer sunsets.
    • I enjoy both equally.

There were numerous postings with beautiful sunrise and sunset photos on another thread (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=227774&page=22) and I thought it was a subject worthy of its own thread. Here are a couple of my favorite sunrise photos from a cruise in March 2005. The first was taken as we neared Costa Maya, Mexico. The second was taken as we arrived back at the Galveston cruise terminal.

620983003107_0_BG.jpg

190311443107_0_BG.jpg

So feel free to post your favorite sunrise and sunset photos taken while cruising.

Thanks.

Always game for sunset photos!:

1. Celebrity Summit, off Cuba:

h13092448_13069.jpg

2. Rain falling on horizon off Key West, HAL Zuiderdam:

h120165835_64574.jpg

3. Sailing into storm at sunset, HAL Zuiderdam:

h121485492_38932.jpg

4. OK...it's at Disney. But since Disney cruises often include time at the parks before or after, I figure it fits. And it was a heck of a sunset!:

h162086541_36688.jpg

5. Sunset shots are almost always wide landscapes...sometimes, a detail shot at sunset can be interesting:

62781073.jpg

My favourite! :D

Very nice capture!

Lukegr,

Thank you! I just got lucky with this one and I love it too. I don't know what it is about sunrises and sunsets that makes me picture crazy. I guess each moment is like a different painting and I want them all!!! :D

Jackie

Nice pictures Karen. One of my daughters is like your son. It can be very difficult to get a photo of her as she doesn't like to get her picture taken. My other daughter is a complete opposite. I have a lot of photos of her. So, based on understanding, the photo of your son is my favorite! ;)

Thanks for sharing!

Sunset on last night of 7 day Mexican Riviera Cruise taken from our Aloha deck balcony

Upcoming Cruise

15 day Island Princess Hawaiian Cruise 10/21/06

Previous Cruise

7 day Sapphire Princess Mexican Riviera 4/15/06

sunset.JPG.1402d9819784da66f4328b8db5f2b679.JPG

Hello People... ! what wonderful wonderful photos.. is there some way that I could purchase some of these wonderful photos. I do not believe in taking them from the net.. and I dont want to be saying the wrong thing on this site but I really really love some of the photos and would pay for a copy.. especially if the photog would sign .. boy .. i would be thrilled to have on my wall! it would be like being on the cruise all over again!

please forgive me if I spoke in error in my ignorance

thank you

blue

Hello People... ! what wonderful wonderful photos.. is there some way that I could purchase some of these wonderful photos. I do not believe in taking them from the net.. and I dont want to be saying the wrong thing on this site but I really really love some of the photos and would pay for a copy.. especially if the photog would sign .. boy .. i would be thrilled to have on my wall! it would be like being on the cruise all over again!

please forgive me if I spoke in error in my ignorance

thank you

blue

ZudeDoverDC.

You can download my picture from my webshot album if you like. It is in this album.....http://community.webshots.com/myphotos?action=viewAllPhotos&albumID=463679251&security=QAZiny

Jackie

Archived