Sunrise and Sunset photos

Do you prefer sunrises or sunsets?  

844 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer sunrises or sunsets?

• I prefer sunrises.
    • I prefer sunsets.
    • I enjoy both equally.

Hello Jackie! I have a Nikon FM10.. and I received a Canon PowerShot SD500! Its a little bigger than a Certs box! and you can still play a bit. I lived for a bit in Newport RI, NoAttle Ma and am now in NY. I went to college ( Stonehill ) with a really nice person from Fairhaven.. so I had to go visit the town :) just to see why he was a really pleasant person. Visited Fall River to see the Battleships while down there.. and somehow forgot my camera. Go figure.

Here are the only sunsets I ever took the time to print of mine. I am so lazy since digital and CDs.

will visit the thread you mentioned asap!

I am able to clean up red eye, crop and such and am playing with Layering but not comfortable with it yet. I admire those who can. As with any photographer on this thread.. I am amazed! and i love it!

Thank you!

blue

Hi Blue,

My old one is a Canon AE-1 Program and I doubt I would remember how to use it now. DH bought my first digital for my birthday in 1997, a Kodak DC120. It looks like a pair of binoculars! :D He bought me an Olympus C700 a couple of years ago for another birthday, which is much smaller than my old one, but definitely not pocket size. It has manual settings on it, but I don't usuallly play with them. I guess I should.

I knew how to do a lot of different things when we used photoshop, but nothing major. IPhoto is very limited to the editing I can do, at least to me. We just got Photoshop Elements and I have to learn to use it. It's not the same as my old Photoshop.

Glad you had a chance to visit Fairhaven. It's a nice little time. Not the crowds of the Cape, but still that Cape feel.

Jackie

This is a Fairhaven sunset taken off our deck....

Bigsunset.jpg

2953567360054478613IaXdzC_ph.jpg

I could see your images on your webshots page when I clicked on the little box, and now they're showing up in the thread. Nice pics. I like the one with the sun's rays.

Did you use photobucket?

Jackie

...thru the Panama Canal, Los Angeles to Fort Lauderdale...Harvey

Sunrise nearing Acapulco Bay

56299230-4b37-02000120-B.jpg

Sunrise at the entrance to the Pananma Canal on the Pacific side

56310665-352f-02000180-.jpg

Sunrise at sea headed for Ft. Lauderdale

56302539-6b98-02000180-.jpg

Sunset at sea headed for Ft. Lauderdale

56370090-be78-02000180-.jpg

"Hi Blue,

My old one is a Canon AE-1 Program and I doubt I would remember how to use it now. DH bought my first digital for my birthday in 1997, a Kodak DC120. It looks like a pair of binoculars! :D He bought me an Olympus C700 a couple of years ago for another birthday, which is much smaller than my old one, but definitely not pocket size. It has manual settings on it, but I don't usuallly play with them. I guess I should.

I knew how to do a lot of different things when we used photoshop, but nothing major. IPhoto is very limited to the editing I can do, at least to me. We just got Photoshop Elements and I have to learn to use it. It's not the same as my old Photoshop.

Glad you had a chance to visit Fairhaven. It's a nice little time. Not the crowds of the Cape, but still that Cape feel.

Jackie

This is a Fairhaven sunset taken off our deck...."

Hello Jackie.. what a wonderful sunset. Yes I did enjoy the visit! And I tell myself will have to ck it out Fairhaven.. little bistros, bakeries.. etc..

and the last few Photos added are beautiful as well!

I see that my pix are not showing again.. drat.

I use Adobe Photoshop 7.o and Image Ready for cropping. I usually will "clean" up pix with People in it that have been "caught" in a "bad" light. ( ie : teeth, hair, facial scars, etc. or holding a beer or cig ~ i delete those too!)

My scenic shots .. stand. I just don't have the time to really work them. Lately I have been interestedin image size and layering... as a friend took a pix of me and put me in a sunset. geez I loved it because I haven't been to Dominica yet ..and because of that fun photo.. surely do want to go now.

Some of the threads ask.. for a fav sunset, or pix of a ship or of an excursion.. Some ask what was fav aspect of cruising or wildest thing. When I am finished reading them all ~ I ask myself..

geez .. why am I not on a cruise right now.. !!!!

:eek:

You people have caused me to fall in love.. I am lovesick for the thing called "Cruising"! :D

Hello Jackie.. what a wonderful sunset. Yes I did enjoy the visit! And I tell myself will have to ck it out Fairhaven.. little bistros, bakeries.. etc..

and the last few Photos added are beautiful as well!

I see that my pix are not showing again.. drat.

I use Adobe Photoshop 7.o and Image Ready for cropping. I usually will "clean" up pix with People in it that have been "caught" in a "bad" light. ( ie : teeth, hair, facial scars, etc. or holding a beer or cig ~ i delete those too!)

My scenic shots .. stand. I just don't have the time to really work them. Lately I have been interestedin image size and layering... as a friend took a pix of me and put me in a sunset. geez I loved it because I haven't been to Dominica yet ..and because of that fun photo.. surely do want to go now.

Some of the threads ask.. for a fav sunset, or pix of a ship or of an excursion.. Some ask what was fav aspect of cruising or wildest thing. When I am finished reading them all ~ I ask myself..

geez .. why am I not on a cruise right now.. !!!!

:eek:

You people have caused me to fall in love.. I am lovesick for the thing called "Cruising"! :D

Hi Blue,

Some of the sunsets here are amazing. We had a really great sky last night and DH and I sat on the deck and snapped a few pics, nothing great, but I can't help myself.

I've also done some 'cleaning up' with people, but I leave the beer and cigs in the pics. It's fun making people look a bit younger. The photo your friend did sounds great.

Yes, why aren't we on a cruise right now!!!??? It sure is a great addiction, just can get a bit expensive if we cruised as much as we would want. At least you have one coming up, and December will be here before you know it. I see you've been on Carnival a few times. We've never been on Carnival, but maybe we'll try it someday.

Jackie

billrco90278, i don't see a link or image. Please try again.

Strange. I see the picture on CC from the PC where I originally posted it. At another PC there is only an "x" in a small box. I copied the picture from Kodak Gallery. Is that the problem? Perhaps if I copy from my hard disc it will do better. Or should I create a one photo album?

Strange. I see the picture on CC from the PC where I originally posted it. At another PC there is only an "x" in a small box. I copied the picture from Kodak Gallery. Is that the problem? Perhaps if I copy from my hard disc it will do better. Or should I create a one photo album?

Billrco,

Try photobucket.com for resizing. After you download your image, copy the IMG url and paste it right into the reply box. It's free and works great.

Jackie

Not exactly a sunset, but twilight near Whittier, Alaska at approximately 11:30 PM, July 7, 2006

244927470108_0_BG.jpg?a=14

I can see your photo just fine (nice shot by the way), however I also use Kodak Gallery and have posted numerous photos. Seems to be hit or miss with people being able to view them though. Not sure why, but seems your computer has to learn where to find them :confused: . If you get the dreaded red x, then right click, click on properties, copy the url, and then paste it into the address bar of your browser (apparently there is an easier way to do this if you use Firefox instead of Internet Explorer). The photo should show up in your browser. You can then go back to the CC thread and it will show up. I think this problem also occurs with Webshots occasionally, but I have not seen the problem with Photobucket.

I can see your photo just fine (nice shot by the way), however I also use Kodak Gallery and have posted numerous photos. Seems to be hit or miss with people being able to view them though. Not sure why, but seems your computer has to learn where to find them :confused: . If you get the dreaded red x, then right click, click on properties, copy the url, and then paste it into the address bar of your browser (apparently there is an easier way to do this if you use Firefox instead of Internet Explorer). The photo should show up in your browser. You can then go back to the CC thread and it will show up. I think this problem also occurs with Webshots occasionally, but I have not seen the problem with Photobucket.

amarillocruisecat, very nice pictures. Thanks for posting the link.:)

Archived