Sunrise and Sunset photos

Do you prefer sunrises or sunsets?  

844 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer sunrises or sunsets?

• I prefer sunrises.
    • I prefer sunsets.
    • I enjoy both equally.

• 2 weeks later...
luv2,

AWESOME PIC!!! Did you use a special camera and lens for that shot? I am sssssooooo envious.

Thanks much but this was my first time out with my very first digital camera. I want to get into it more...good reason for another cruise!

• 4 weeks later...

a-tx-brit,

that is absolutely beautiful....... Wow.... Such clarity.......

Here's a contribution of mine.. We were out off the California Coast coming back from Santa Rosa Island after diving..... Beautiful....... This photo copyrighted by Debbie Jones

P9100258.jpg

This photo from the same day... Copyrighted by J. Dunn

anothersunset.jpg

Near Juneau at 7:18 AM with a 6:04AM sunrise...somewhere off in the distance we finally saw the sun!

Dave

Dave,

Just checked out many of your pics. Great composition and angling. You definitely have an eye for photography and the wit for captioning! Love the glass shots!

Jackie

Dave,

Just checked out many of your pics. Great composition and angling. You definitely have an eye for photography and the wit for captioning! Love the glass shots!

Jackie

Thanks!

Photography is my main reason to travel and it's nice to hear that others enjoy the pictures. As for the captions, the pics are supposed to be worth 1000 words each, but adding a few more can't hurt...can it? :D

Dave

Thanks!

Photography is my main reason to travel and it's nice to hear that others enjoy the pictures. As for the captions, the pics are supposed to be worth 1000 words each, but adding a few more can't hurt...can it? :D

Dave

No, it sure doesn't hurt, and makes it even more enjoyable. Glad to see how much you enjoy your picture taking and get to travel while doing it... The best of both worlds. I take more pictures than I know what to do with, but I do get a lot of enjoyment out of it.

Jackie

Leo Jay; I feel the same way. I've been taking pics for year with some photography education and I just can't compare to some of the pics I see here.

Keep in mind that sunrise/sunset is 90% being in the right place at the right time...and 10% having a camera with you! ;)

Miami Beach 6/19/2005 - 6:34 AM

45452970.WC0100.jpg

They're like snowflakes...every one is different.

Dave

Archived