Westerdam

amy2951

Hi, we have a deposit on ss8054 on the Westerdam, has anyone had this room? Will there be a lot of noise being under the Lido and pool area? Any information wuld be great. We are looking forward to our January cruise and I just want ot hear from all of you experienced Holland American cruisers. Thanks

YES. We were in a ss under the lido and pool,(possibly the same room, but can't remember exactly) and it was TERRIBLE. The suite was wonderful, but you couldn't even take a nap in the afternoon, or sleep late, as you could CONSTANTLY hear chairs being dragged, and people (kids, I presume) running. After that booking, we have only taken cabins with other cabins above and below. Helaine

Thank you, as much as we wanted a suite, I am grateful to know ahead of time instead of having a room we were'nt happy with. I will call back m agent and see what else we can get. What do you recommend instead? Is the sc really worth the money? Thanks again

Amy--

I was in 8060 on Noordam (forward of the elevators, below the pool): Not much noise - just a few chairs scraping in the am's and evenings when stewards are rearranging the furniture.

Have also been in 8086 on Oosterdam - extremely quiet beneath the Lido Restaurant - like a tomb.

I'd say that if you are very sensitive to noise, then get an SS aft of the glass elevators - but I find that a little noise from above really isn't much of a bother - its part of the experience of living around other people and being aboard a ship.

Thank you bepsf, I appreciate everyone's input. I will check out some of the other SS's before I decide to downgrade, but is the SY situated better? Also, is there any difference between them beside location? Again, thank you for your reply, this has been a wonderful source of information, and as you can see, I have been lurking here for quite awhile.

We found that the SC was worth it. We had a terrific wrap around aft balcony which my husband loved, plus you have all of the privileges of the Neptune Lounge which we loved, plus free laundry and dry cleaning.

Roberta

We were in a cabin a few doors from this one on the Westerdam and I agree with the first reply who spoke to the noise. Naps were not possible and we were awakened each morning by the sound of chairs being dragged above us. Would not stay in that area of the Navigation deck again. On the other hand we were in one of the first few cabins on the Navigation deck on the Zuiderdam (under the spa) and had absolutely no problem with noise.

Hi again, after much talking and rethinking, we decided to splurge and upgraded to a AC 6158, and I am thrilled. I have always wanted to book one of these suties! Thank you all for your reply's.

Archived