After cruise excursion

Georgia-boy

Has anyone done the after cruise excursion of Pearl Harbor and the Arizona Memorial that NCL offers? What time can you get off the ship and what time is the tour over/what do you do with your bags? Should we book it now or wait till we ge on the ship? We sail 9/24/06 on the Pride of Aloha.:confused:

Thanks

Charles

I haven't done that excursion but after our cruise on the Wind last summer we took a different excursion (I think it was called the Big Kahuna, maybe?). It was kind of expensive, but it filled our time between disembarking and our late flight back home.

Your luggage goes with you on the excursion, & the excursion usually ends at the airport. You have to plan your excursion depending on your flight time. If you're not leaving that day, I wouldn't take the excursion, it would be much cheaper to do it on your own. You'll be given a time to leave the ship for the excursion or a place to meet instead of being called down by color level or whatever.

Hope this helps.

I agree with the previous poster that a ship tour of Pearl Harbor is not the best way to see the Arizona Memorial. I've been to Hawaii several times and always make it a special point to visit the Arizona. Most of the package tours that are advertised don't actually board the memorial, but just sail around it and you get a view from a smaller boat. If you go on your own, there is no charge and the visit includes a short movie about the USS Arizona and the Pearl Harbor attack on Dec 7th. Then they take you out to the memorial on a Navy launch. It can get pretty crowded sometimes, so if you have to make a flight that day, your only choice may be the NCL tour. Regardless, it's a MUST SEE in my opinion. Enjoy the history. ;)

I agree with you but from what I have read you must be at the Arziona Memorial eary to get a ticket. We can not go before the cruise so we have to go after. We may not beable to get off the ship and get to Pearl Harbor be the tickets run out, so I need to know from someone who has done it as to what it is like.

Thanks Charles

We had no choice but to take the NCL excursion, since we boarded in Maui and only had a day. Couldn't book an independent tour because the ship arrived too late, couldn't do on our own because usually the tickets are all gone by noon.

We thought it would be unpatriotic NOT to go. The ship's excursion did board the memorial and we were very glad we went. If you're flying home later that day, do book the excursion ahead of time and they drop you at the airport.

Bev

Thanks for posting that question Charles. I logged on to ask the same one and there it was.

Does anyone know if the ship's tour will get us back to the airport in time for a 3pm departure out or Honolulu?:

Kris

Archived