A site for the 'good deals' our critics find?

I always like to share with other's about any good deals we get...and trust me, we do get good deals, or else we don't cruise! Ok...call us cheap...but it beats not crusiing twice a year!

This got me thinking about a site for us to contribute to, when we find a good deal...for us all to partake of, if we so wish. Any comments?

I do love finding a good cruise deal. That's part of what draws me back to

these boards. But I bet the accountants at RC would snap their pencils

at a site devoted to ever cheaper deals and how to find them.

CSW

Sounds like a great idea to me. We're taking our first cruise on Jan. 15th (Grandeur, W. Caribbean) and I've been wondering if we really got a good price. I haven't found much price comparing done on these boards over the past 2 months that I've been reading. Always wondered why it wasn't a topic of discussion. The rate we got for our 7 day cruise - 7th deck, mid ship, D1 cabin, including all fees but not insurance - was $841 per person. I used Cruisequick and *****.

Sometimes pricing and booking a cruise, reminds me of buying a car...no 2 people pay the same price. Find you have to go from site to site, call TA's, ***** is a waste(even when I put in my comments about meeting a price seen on the web/ they comeback with higher prices-why bother).......finally book a cruise and you still do not know if you really got the best price. Maybe you are right and we should open for discussion what we paid for our cruises, so other's can compare to tell us they have a less expensive rate(dear I say cheaper) from their site or TA they just booked with

Navigator (2500) for 2 E1 Feb 19th(President"s week)

Constellation July 30th, 2005 (5300) for 2 2A

I like this idea. Last year we were looking at a cruise but it was just too expensive. Then for a few days RCL had a deal, not advertised anywhere, with the GS's at less than 1/2 the cost. We jumped on it and ended up cruising in style for the cost of an inside. Would be nice to have a place where we could give fellow CC'ers a heads up on these things.

BTW, just got a balcony for an 11 night cruise on the Serenade for $1,113 total pp. That is $101 per day which is pretty darn cheap, I think.

39august, it is 9/26/04 Vancouver to Hawaii. RCL had a balcony guarantee for $1399. Shopped around and found a TA that would give me a discount and take the $225 coupon I had. We are also diamond C & A so got another $150 pp off. I did find one online agency that quoted $1301 but would not honor coupon.

We actually had a 7 night cruise booked on HAL for the same time frame but it was almost double the cost! No brainer to switch!

If anyone's interested in a transatlantic- RCCL just posted some new prices for the 9/1 crossing on the Jewel which leaves out of Harwich (London) and ends in Boston. Best prices are for guarantees- $799, $999, and $1099- in, out balcony. And that's through RCCL so I'm thinking you could probably do better with an agent.

This is less than we paid but we love the cabin location we've got so worth it in our case to stay put. However- someone else who is flexible on location might be interested.

That's the ticket! Let us share the wealth, so all may benefit.

Give as much as you would like to receive...in all walks of life..Happy sails to all.

We got great deals on our NOV 27th and DEC 4th sailings on VOS.

For NOV 27th we got a PR cabin for $842 (CAD $)

and for DEC 4th we got inside for $711 (CAD $)... including all taxes and port.

We had to book through two different TA's though... as neither one could match the other's price.

For the DEC 4th ($711 CAD) we booked online at tripcentral.ca

Archived