Carnival Conquest Question

hallebelle

What time did the boat dock when you returned? Carnival says 8am, but I hear this ship is often late. What was your expereince? We currenlty have an 1130am flight out of Hobby, but if we change it, we won't get home until LATE Sunday night. After the Valor, we were able to self-disembark at like 730am!

What time did the boat dock when you returned? Carnival says 8am, but I hear this ship is often late. What was your expereince? We currenlty have an 1130am flight out of Hobby, but if we change it, we won't get home until LATE Sunday night. After the Valor, we were able to self-disembark at like 730am!

Thats early....Carnival suggests later flights because you never know when there may be a delay. It may not even be the ship that is delayed...it might be an accident on the way to the airport. It could work and I hope it does.

I have never flown to and from a cruise, but my parents have. That seems early - even though people with flights are first off. Boat gets in about 7/8 am but has to be cleared by customs and luggage needs to be unloaded. I would think you might want to be on the safe side and schedule a later flight.

I've been watching the web cam at the port and the Conquest has been in dock by 7 AM each Sunday, but an 11:30 AM flight out of Hobby might be pushing it. As said, customs, imigration, baggage, trip to Hobby, traffic, etc, etc. :eek:

I have been watching the Conquest come in for the past 9 weeks or so and it always is docked no later then 6:30am Houston time. However like previous posters I think the flight time is a bit early. Even if you use self embaration it might be too early. I have a flight out of Hobby at 1:45pm the Sunday I get back and that might be pushing it too.

Robb

Our cruise in May docked ~6:30AM. There was an unspecified delay in debarkation due to 'the local authorities' but we were off by 10:30 (we did not do self assist). I believe the self assist folks started to get off around 8:00. Even though Hobby is only about 30 minutes from Galveston, an 11:30 flight might be pushing it.

I would definitely take a later flight. Last Sunday the highway department was blowing up part of the old causeway (unannounced the ship). We were on Empress Deck and did not disembark unless 11:00. The self-assist folks got off alittle earlier, but still couldn't get across the bay because the road was closed. Good luck on your choice.

Holiday 2002

Elation 2005

Conquest 2006

But if you don't make the 11:30 flight, what time would you get home then? :confused:

With airlines flying at peak capacity as often as possible these days due to fuel prices, getting on another flight quickly might be a problem, not to mention the extra cost of changing your tickets.:eek:

Speaking as someone who has lived in Houston for decades and has been to Galveston (and Hobby Airport for that matter ;)) many times, including to sail the Conquest last year, I vote with the majority. Take a later flight.

Whatever you decide, good luck to you, and happy cruising! :)

OMG- we just got back and although we docked on time, immigration and customs were not ready for self assist until 7:50 am--that was the first call. We did not do self assist and were not called until 11:25. (First color called was at 9:40.

Three of our group were flying from Houston and their flight was at 5pm We laughed and said we hoped they would make it!!! After my (wonderful, wonderful) experience on the Conquest, I would not schedule a flight until LATE in the afternoon!!!!

Archived