Wyndham Old San Juan post-cruise

cherbobtt

We got off the Golden Princess at around 11 a.m. and took a cab to the Wyndham OSJ. There were people and luggage all over the place, inside and out. We got into what we thought was a line, but when I saw other people going ahead of us, I asked the bell man how to get checked in. He said that as soon as all the luggage in the entry way was taken to storage, they would start coming out and getting us. I went inside and saw no one in line for the front desk, so I went up and asked if I could check in. They went through the check in process with me and then told me that rooms would not be ready until 4:00 p.m. I should come back then. I finally got someone to mark our luggage for storage, but they were telling everyone that they would not take responsibility for anything being lost or broken. We had some fragile souveniers, so we kept one bag, which made it more difficult to wander around OSJ. We went to Senior Frog's, where the food was not good. Most entrees and sandwiches were between $10 - $20. We got our room a little after 4:00, and waited for our luggage to come up from storage. The room was okay and clean, except for the sticky stuff on the carpet. Bottom line is that we chose to stay there to make the trip back less stressful, but we wished we had just gone to the airport and gotten home a day earlier.

• 3 weeks later...
We too stayed at the Wyndham OSJ following our cruise. We got there around noon and there were people everywhere. Many were from our cruise and many were ready to embark on theirs. It was a bit chaotic and took awhile to get our bags checked. We did take our breakables with us, but left everything else. Went across the street to Mofongo and had a great traditional meal. Our room was great. Had a 2 room suite facing the waterfront and had concierge access. Would stay there again.

we stayed there pre-cruise, and it was wonderful. When we went to leave in the morning, it was definitely hectic, and I can understnad the post-cruise confusion. We did not stay after the cruise, and from the sounds of things, Im glad we didn't

Archived