Promenade on Voyager=class

This is our first cruise on a Voyager-class ship. I noticed on the Travel Channel specials, that there looked like some sort of parade going on along the Promenade. Whart sort of things go on and is it listed in the Compass? TIA

Yes, it is listed in the COmpass. On our two Voyager class cruise (NOS & EOS) there were two parades. Basically, that is about all that occurs, on the big scene, but there are many ther areas on the promenade. If you would like to overlook the promenade and enjoy people watching, then try booking an atrium cabin.

We have been on the EOS and AOS and on both of those ships there was somthing gong on every night on the promenade. As a matterof fact on the AOS that is where the captins reception was held. They also had singers, dancers and other performers all during the cruise. As far as the atrium room, they are great. I would almost rather have an atrium room than an ocean view. Just go for it, it is your cruise, have fun!!

Not all that noisey, plus the parades usually last about 30 minutes and they don't have them all night, or late night.. If OI remember correctly, was around 11pm. You can hear the music, but it is muffled quite well.

The Atrium Rooms are Great! We had one on the Voyager and have booked one on the Explorer. I prefer this over the Ocean view rooms. But as one post said keep the drapes closed when you do not want someone looking in, since you can see in really well. The room right across from you has a view right in the room. The window seat makes for extra seating .

The noise level is not bad the higher up less noise but you will not be able to see the parades etc as well either. It was fun to watch people while waiting on the other one of us to get out of shower etc.

We were on the Voyager and my parents had the promenade room #7259 They had no problem with the noise and we went to their room to watch the parades. They were over the caffee and we used to call them from the promenade and wave at each other, then they came down to meet us.

At first they thought that the room was small but by the second day they were used to it. They liked looking down to see whats going on and who was walking around. Ezi

My daughters loved their promenade cabin on the Voyager and all of us enjoyed the promenade area. We watched the first parade from their cabin but felt a bit left out of the action so we watched the second from the promenade floor. Another reason to keep your drapes closed is that at night (after 1 or 2 am), they turn the promenade lights up full. If the drapes are cracked even a little, it's like bright sunlight coming into your cabin!

Archived