S.S. Oceanic-Home Lines Where are you?????

Loved the big "O". Sailed on a NY to Nassau run around 1972ish. Discovered a love of all things ships. I have a vintage ship postcard collection now, including a photo postcard of the Titanic leaving the dock. In '82 I decided to join the USN and lived for 4 years on a submarine tender! And looking forward to my July cruise on the Dawn, tho I wish it could have been on the Oceanic.....so many fond memories!

Edited by Daisyspit

• 2 weeks later...
Hi there! I cruised the Oceanic with my parents starting in '72. Cruised in between but did the farewell trip on the Oceanic., The Maiden Voyage of the new Homeric in '86 and the Farewell cruise before it went over to HAL - my husbands 1st cruise and he was hooked! But that was a sad one.

We always loved the Zieli Band. I do have that record with the Oceanic Song, Volare and others. I'd be happy to see if I can get it transferred to a cd for you. I miss Oceanic so much. Just found out this week that she was finally sent to Breakers in China in 2012! My heart is broken![/QUO

Went on the Oceanic the 1st time in1980 for my honeymoon. My first cruise and now I am going on my 13th in May. Love cruising! I remember the all the wonderful songs that were sung. I bought the record!

• 9 months later...
Margienj, I am trying to get that record, or a copy. I cannot find it for sale anywhere. Do you know where I could get his Oceanic record?

My friend, I can help you.

On Facebook, CHRISTOPHER CATHODE ...

Or email me at draughtbones@gmail.com or just respond to this post.

I have all the CDs (but should let you know, not the SPECIFIC one you appear to be in search of ... But definitely all the same songs!

Ciao,

Chris

• 2 years later...