Just back from 3 day Fascination cruise!

brcris75

I want to know everything (well almost), I am going on my first cruise on the fascination in August.

1. did you see any men in shorts in the main dining area?

2. what did you do in Port?

The more information the better.;)

Thanks

We went to Nassau. Did a little shopping, then went to Paradise Island to a public beach near the Atlantis Hotel. It was beautiful! FYI: take a cab to Paradise Island if you want to go directly to the beach. We took the ferry over, which was ok, but from where you get off it you still have to walk a few blocks to the beach. If you want to walk and sight see this is fine, but if you want to go directly to the beach, take a cab! Cab was a couple $ less too!

The food was good. Ate too much as always!

And yes we saw shorts in the didning room! Even on formal night! I've never seen a ship so lax in it's dress code. I'd say maybe 50% were "dressed for dinner" while the others wore jeans and shorts in the dining rooms at night.

Never had a problem with chair hogging either! There were always empty chairs.

We took that cruise for our first cruise 3/06 and did exactly what you did, Nassau, taxi to beach! We had a blast! Only we had a hard time finding chairs on deck. I thought the ship was clean and although the decor is a little outdated it didn't stop our fun!! :D Glad you had a good time, we did as well!!!

Hi there, We will be going on this cruise this Friday and was wondering how the ship was. Have been reading comments that it is run down and needs to get re-done and also have been reading comments that it looks good and is clean. Just was wondering your opinion. Also, where was your room and how are the rooms overall? We have a room with a balcony and do you know if we need to bring a bungee cord to hold the door open or does it latch like I have read in some posts. Do you happen to have the capers or remember what the shows were or some of the other entertainment????? I know these are alot of questions but you said to ask..... THANKS for any help you give me.

The ship is older and showing her age a little but not enough to be a problem. And it was clean. I think they do a good job of cleaning considering they are cleaning up after thousands of people each day!

We were in M102 (OV) so I don't know anything about the balcony rooms. Ours was roomy and our cabin steward did a great job of keeping it clean and well supplied.

I do have the capers! If you give me your email address I'll send you a copy.

We had a great time on this cruise and sure you will too!

Archived