Question about 4 day on Sovereign

I was just wondering if there is still a welcome back party even on a four day cruise. Also, if i do not want to eat in the formal dining room, can I not have a dinner seating and eat in the windjammer or order room service and not have to pay for tips for the waiters?? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!

Our welcome back party was on the last night of the cruise and was held in the Viking Crown. The food was excellent. There were very few in attendance though, I guess on a short cruise maybe there just aren't that many repeaters. The crew and staff that were there were very friendly.

As for not eating in the dining room and tips, I don't really know what the protocol is for that. We have always eaten in the dining room every night.

Yes, if you are a plat. or diam. member they have 30minute private party to down your spirits. If your asking about the capt. night it consists of cheap champagne. yes, you can eat in the wind jammer or whatever it's called upstairs or order room service but I must say that is really cheesy of you to short change the waiters. they work upstairs too and also bring your food to your room. why not just pack your own food therefore not feel guilty of taking advantage of the waiter(s) hard work and enless effort!

Our welcome back party was at noon on the sea day (Day 4). As for the tips that you hand out in the dining room, please remember that it all goes into the tip pool and is parceled out to everyone. I think they only keep personally any extra that is over and above the guidelines.This is how they cover the people working WJ, Latte-tudes workers, servers, etc. So even though you don't eat there (dining room) 1 or 2 nights, I'd tip the recommended amount (not many people leave a tip in WJ).

Here's an answer if you're asking a legitimate question and not just trying to stir things up or being a troll.

We're going on the Sovereign in the near future and will not be eating in the dining room. We will, however, give the recommended tips for the dining room waiter and assistant. We will probably also tip the servers in the Windjammer if they do wait on us.

Not eating in the dining room does not excuse you from tipping the staff as they work the other dining venues on the ship and will be serving you one way or another.

Even if you order room service, you should tip the person who delivers your order.

I was asking a legitimate question. I would not be on here asking stupid questions to stir up trouble. I don't have that much time on my hands. It was an option that was brought to my attention and thought I would ask. Sorry I did. And when I order room service I do tip the person who brings it. I wouldn't want to short change anyone. I just didn't think on a four day cruise I would want to spend so much time in the dining room eating dinner when I could grab something quick in the windjammer.

All you would have to do is on the first night, go to your table, inform them you are not going to be eating meals in the DR and give the tips at that time. THis also lets them know they don't have to wait and go on serving the others at your table.

S&S8104 - Didn't mean to upset you, but there are folks that post questions just to cause trouble and then disappear.

Suezyq's comment is right on. Either stop by the Maitre'd when they're available in the dining room in the afternoon to tell them you won't be in the dining room in the evening. That way they can assign the seats to someone else if needed. Or, stop by the table the first night as Suezyq said.

The other thing is if you eat in the dining room for either breakfast or lunch, the servers are the same ones that wait in the tables in the evening.

Again, didn't mean to upset you, please accept my apologizes. Hope this answers your question.

Archived