Question about cruising from NY

bubbles1209

How long are the cruises out of New York? DH and I were thinking of flying to NY and going on one one day. I've heard they do 8 day cruises, but our vacation time will not allow for us to be gone that long, do they do shorter ones? Also can you see the statue of liberty from the ship?

How long are the cruises out of New York? DH and I were thinking of flying to NY and going on one one day. I've heard they do 8 day cruises, but our vacation time will not allow for us to be gone that long, do they do shorter ones? Also can you see the statue of liberty from the ship?

Except for a 6 night to Bermuda (Legend) and a 5 night to Canada (Victory), they are all 7 and 8 nighters. And yes, they sail passed the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island.

They are also doing a 4 night from NY to Halifax/Canada this summer. I havent been on a cruise from NY yet however Bayonne NJ is close and also does cruises...You can see the Statue of Liberty from NY.

There are a variety of cruise lengths out of both NYC (Manhattan and Brooklyn) and New Jersey. The 4- and 5-night cruises to eastern Canada are nice -- we recently returned from one.

When sailing from the New York Passenger Terminal you sail past the Statue of Liberty. However, when sailing from Cape Liberty (Bayonne, NJ), the RCCL cruise port, you are already south of the Statue, and don't sail past her.

Carnival traditionally has 4 and 5 night cruises to Canada every summer (on either the Victory or Triumph).

Archived