Air from San Francisco-Barcelona

Kurocat

Booked on Century 10/27 trans-atlantic. Does anyone know the air itinerary SFO-BCN provided by Celebrity's air program? I don't know whether to pay an additional $300 to get the flights I want or to wait and see what Celebrity offers.

Kurocat

What is Celebrity asking for their flight? We are doing transatlantic in November and were able to get one ways from San Diego for $445 each. It is AA to JFK, then Aer Lingus to Dublin, change (still Aer Lingus) on to BCN. Most flights I looked at from Los Angeles, Orange County, Ontario and Long Beach had two connections. Of course we are going a month later so there may be more options for you in October. We are about half way between, so we took San Diego to save a couple hundred. There was a Virgin Atlantic that I think was Non-stop to London, then non-stop to Barcelona, but everything else was two connections. Maybe you will have more choices from SFO/OAK.

Good luck and regards

Also in S.F.

We're doing a Med cruise in '07 on Century, and think we'll use Aer Lingus again...we used them this Spring to come back from Dublin from a TA, and had a great experience....and the one-way fares helped! We used Jet Blue for the domestic flights, and it worked out well, as we were able to buy all these one-way fares with no penalty.

We're looking at flying to L.A. to catch the non-stop to Dublin, connecting with the non-stop to Barcelona. While they didn't have the prices yet for my trip, the prices this year were considerably cheaper than Celebrity Air. I just used the Aer Lingus website.

Good luck, and enjoy.

Andrew

Andrew - were you able to look at the Dublin - Barcelona portion online? I was on the Aer Lingus site trying to book that same trip and it won't let me book JFK to Barcelona or the segments. I know it's too early to book next year, but was just trying to get an idea on pricing.

(FYI, I can't get on the other site since yesterday)

JoelMarj: I booked ours at aa.com. If you check the box "more options" then "all carriers" they route you all the way through. Aer Lingus is one of their partners.

Blazer: this will be our first experience on Aer Lingus. I take it you were fine with them. The only downside so far is they won't assign seats for us Dublin to BCN until we check in.

Regards

Marj- I was able to book a dummy trip on-line all the way, but as two separate trips...R/T to Dublin, and Dublin to Barcellona R/T. Oh, and the other place is back up.

Sasset, we were in coach, and, for a coach experience, it was as good as the few good ones, and better than all the rest...they even served scones and tea in the afternoon, at tea time...very civilized.... Mind you, no long flight is ever 'good' but we really didn't mind this one. They even let us slide with the extra luggage weight from London to Dublin, as we were flying on to the States with them a week later. Veery nice floks.

Andrew

I travel to Barcelona often on bussiness from San Francisco. You can fly UA/LH code share connecting in either MUC or FRA. My preference is to make sure you get on a UA plane for the transatlantic portion LH's seating is much tighter pack than the UA planes. You can also fly SFO-LHR-BCN but is often more expensive.

Archived