First Timer, just booked Mariner for Xmas - now i have questions

Brand newbie here :rolleyes: I literally just booked Mariner for Xmas this year and, now I have a ton of questions, mostly about being a first time cruiser.

1) What do you know now that you had wish you had known as a first time cruiser?

2) I know Cococay is Royal Caribbean's private beach but, what happens here? Is it just a day at the beach? Are there bathroom facilities? How about food and drinks? Anything special for kids to do? How about hair braiding, is it available here?

3) We'll be taking AMTRAK down to Orlando from Penn Station in New York. My Mom won't fly. Can someone recommend a good taxi, limousine or other transfer service to Port Canaveral?

4) We booked two balcony cabins, how can we be sure we'll be assigned to the same table at dinner? Yes, I did ask the reservationist to make sure to do this but, is there a way to confirm it online?

5) I've filled out all the information on RoyalCaribbean.com, got our train tickets and will be lining up our transfers shortly. Anything else I need to do? And, yes, we all applied for our passports, applications are already sent out.

Thanks for your patience form a newbie!

Brand newbie here :rolleyes: I literally just booked Mariner for Xmas this year and, now I have a ton of questions, mostly about being a first time cruiser.

1) What do you know now that you had wish you had known as a first time cruiser?

2) I know Cococay is Royal Caribbean's private beach but, what happens here? Is it just a day at the beach? Are there bathroom facilities? How about food and drinks? Anything special for kids to do? How about hair braiding, is it available here?

3) We'll be taking AMTRAK down to Orlando from Penn Station in New York. My Mom won't fly. Can someone recommend a good taxi, limousine or other transfer service to Port Canaveral?

4) We booked two balcony cabins, how can we be sure we'll be assigned to the same table at dinner? Yes, I did ask the reservationist to make sure to do this but, is there a way to confirm it online?

5) I've filled out all the information on RoyalCaribbean.com, got our train tickets and will be lining up our transfers shortly. Anything else I need to do? And, yes, we all applied for our passports, applications are already sent out.

Thanks for your patience form a newbie!

1) I had wish I had known about Cruise Critic but, I was probably cruising before this board ever came into existence. I guess what I wish I had known was what to really expecct, there was so little information out there when we started cruising in the 1980s. This board is probably one of the best sources of information you'll ever find.

2) Cococay lots of things to do: rent a waverunner, there is an Aqua Park that the kids all seems to love, enjoy the sun, and so much more. Yes, there is drinks service, food, and restrooms in the beach area. Think of it as an extension of the ship...in other words, food will be included, but, you'll be charged for drinks, just like on the ship or if you rent any equipment like a wave runner.

3) For transfers try: http://www.orlandotransportationservices.com

We used them about 4 years ago when we had to take AMTRAK down instead of flying due to a bad ear infection my kids was fighting off. One word of advice, Penn Station is going to be utter chaos during Christmas time, especially right when you will be leaving, get there early. You won't get on the train any sooner but, at least you should be able to find a seat in the waiting area.

4) I'm not sure cross referencing such as dining will show up on your online registeration. Just double check when you get onboard. Go to the dining room and confirm everything with the Maitre D, if there is a problem he or she will help correct it.

5) Sounds like you have everything under control. All you need to do is sit back and wait for your cruise to roll around. Mariner is a beautiful ship with plenty to do - I'm sure you're going to love it!

Eddie

4. If you booked through RCL, then go to thier website click on "my cruises" and when you open the info on each specific cabin reservation you will scroll down and there is a link my reservation section. You then put in the other cabin reservation number and you will be given the same table, rooms in simalar location etc.....TAZ

............like the day before. It's possible that you could have a snowstorm in NY. Now that probably wouldn't affect rail BUT....I would never cruise without getting to my destination (or VERY close to it) a day ahead of time. You NEVER know what might happrn. I've heard horror stories on this website.

You'll have a wonderful time. :)

hi dawn...cruising with ya.....this is our 5th cruise and we love royal caribbean and cruise critic. i've already stsrted a thread on a MEET AND MINGLE for this date. come join us.

who's cruising with you? we are 2 families cruising together. 4 adults and 4 teens.

Archived