Live from the pride 7/26

BerryFine

Hi Everyone We are making the best of the Itinary change . Yes its been cold and swimming with the dolfins has now been changed to whale watching but we are still having a great holiday . The snow capped mountains of Canada look beautiful . Tomorrow we will be in Vancover Canada ,A far cry from Cabo . Staff is doing their best to make us happy .

I found out on a web site that tracks ships that there are currently two storms named Emelia and Daniel in the Mexican Riviera area.:eek: I am not sure what kind though.

On the weather Channels web site they are hurricanes.

Do they add excursions last minute on the ship or are people responsible for those on their own. We did Canada a few years ago, had a great time, but looking towards going south this time....

I heard about this change too and wondered if anyone was notified BEFORE arriving to board? I can't imagine packing for HOT Mexico and then going to COOL Canada. Was compensation offered for the change? It's been a HOT week in northern inland California, so I hope the ocean has been calm and pleasant for all of you aboard. Vancouver and Victoria are really beautiful places to visit. Enjoy!

Hi Everyone We are making the best of the Itinary change . Yes its been cold and swimming with the dolfins has now been changed to whale watching but we are still having a great holiday . The snow capped mountains of Canada look beautiful . Tomorrow we will be in Vancover Canada ,A far cry from Cabo . Staff is doing their best to make us happy .

You're kidding, right??? ;) :D ;)

So I checked NHS's web site at work and made a note to see if anyone on Carnival Pride was on line when I got home.

Then I saw the subject of the thread and thought "wow, I can ask if TS Emelia is affecting them."

I had to read the OP three times until I caught on.

You're kidding, right??? ;) :D ;)

It ain't no joke, Lurky. They diverted the cruise to Canada. Lucky for us, the cold Alaskan Current will literally throw a wet blanket on it even if it changes its mind and tries to hit us.

204546W5_sm.gif.1340b090d381d7bfb8436ff74ac330a5.gif

I admit I would be of the same mindset as the OP. "Hey we're on a cruise! What's not to enjoy?!" But then again, I would have packed a lot of shorts, sundresses and tank tops. At what port can you pick up a parka?!:eek:

It ain't no joke, Lurky. They diverted the cruise to Canada. Lucky for us, the cold Alaskan Current will literally throw a wet blanket on it even if it changes its mind and tries to hit us.

You're kidding, right??? :eek: YIKES!!! I am stunned! I hate being cold, and if I only packed what I packed for the Pride in APRIL, I would be shivering non stop!

I would still try to enjoy, but jeeze!!! I know these things happen, but did they get any advanced warning? We were in Victoria B.C. 2 weeks ago, and it never got higher than 69 degrees! Further North would be much colder! People would be packing for temperatures in the 100's - that's a big difference!

You're kidding, right??? :eek: YIKES!!! I am stunned! I hate being cold, and if I only packed what I packed for the Pride in APRIL, I would be shivering non stop!

I would still try to enjoy, but jeeze!!! I know these things happen, but did they get any advanced warning? We were in Victoria B.C. 2 weeks ago, and it never got higher than 69 degrees! Further North would be much colder! People would be packing for temperatures in the 100's - that's a big difference!

We're spoiled here on the Left Coast and don't think about tropical storms. However it is "hurricane season" here, such as it is. Don't believe me? Step outside and ask yourself where did all this humidity come from? (If we wanted humidity, we would have moved to New York.)

I would guess that they had to wait until the last minute to decide and it was too late to tell the pax.

As Kelly Bundy (Christina Applegate) once said on Married, With Children: "Forewarned is to have four arms." That's why we spend sooo much time here on Cruise Critic. We now know that this is a (remote) possibility and to check nhc.noaa.gov the day before.

Off the subject, but where did you book your canopy tour and what restaurant did you go to afterwards with the balloons? Weve done the Mex Riv several times and I'm sure will do it again. Always looking for new excursions~

Thanks in advance. Great photos!

All right everyone, stop panicking. I live in Washington, just south of the boarder from Canada. The other day it was 108 degrees near where I work. We DO HAVE warm summers in the Northwest, we wear shorts and tank tops just like everyone else!!!!! All they need is a sweater for the evenings.

Off the subject, but where did you book your canopy tour and what restaurant did you go to afterwards with the balloons? Weve done the Mex Riv several times and I'm sure will do it again. Always looking for new excursions~

Thanks in advance. Great photos!

"Balloons????" the dim blonde thinks as she scratches her head! "Ah, yes!" as she remembers the margaritas and beers consumed at Carlos O'Brians in PV! :D It is just down a ways from the statue of the Boy on a Seahorse on the main strip.

When we got back to the ship, a little boy of about 5 was pointing at us and asking his mom to get him a balloon hat, so I handed him mine! He was thrilled!

The canopy tour we took was de los Veranos which was $71 pp (compared to the ship's tour which was about $120pp I believe!) It was an absolute blast and I recommend it highly! The restaurant where you end up is great, the margaritas are top notch, and Ryan had a blast on the water slides and rope swings into the river! It was a wonderful day! Here's the link: http://www.canopytours-vallarta.com/

IMG_1416.jpg

Carnival has overloaded the east coast with ships. I think a Northwest cruise would be a great addition to the usual Mexico cruises. I feel the west coast could use a 4th ship. Here's a couple of ideas. 7 night cruise out of Long Beach with stops in Seattle, Victoria, Vancouver. Any other Ideas??

David

Carnival has overloaded the east coast with ships. I think a Northwest cruise would be a great addition to the usual Mexico cruises. I feel the west coast could use a 4th ship. Here's a couple of ideas. 7 night cruise out of Long Beach with stops in Seattle, Victoria, Vancouver. Any other Ideas??

David

Actually I have seen a NW cruise somewhere recently. I think there was a stop in Astoria OR, very beautiful!! Trying to imagine where it would dock though, pretty rough there at the mouth of the Columbia.

David

Personally, while we will probably do an Alaskan cruise eventually, my ideal cruise contains ice blended foo-foo drinks and sandy beaches...

We just did a road trip to the Pacific Northwest, went as far up as Sidney B.C. and took the Ferry back to Anacortes. It was lovely, but very cool. When I'm on a cruise, I just want to lay in the sun and be warm!

We do have summer's in Canada. Also believe me with the hot weather in the west they will be happy they packed their shorts. They also don't have to worry about what they drink and eat!!! And think of the money you saved, and if you like beaches Vancouver has plenty, try Spanish banks.

OK, I live in Vancouver, and I have never in my life worn a parka! It is not the land of ice and snow in July in Southern BC. It hardly ever snows in the city of Vancouver, and less than that in Victoria. Both our cities grind to a halt when one centimetre of snow falls. I am actually getting quite upset with some of the comments! :( We are in a heat wave, there are forest fires across the province, and we have had to ship ice here from California because the demand is far exceeding the supply. It has been over 90 degrees F here some days, and the grass is all drying up. They are talking water shortages. We had a few days of cooler weather a couple of weeks ago, but believe me we needed it because it had been hot and dry for over 3 weeks before that.

OK, off my soapbox now! Yes, I would be upset if I went to LA to sail to Mexico and ended up in my home town. But, for the visitor, Victoria and Vancouver are gorgeous. Come on over to North Vancouver and go up Grouse Mountain and go to the Capilano Suspension Bridge. Absolutely beautiful scenery. And, wear your shorts, T-shirts and flip-flops. That is what I have been wearing for 2 months, and you won't freeze to death. I promise.:)

Archived