Live from the pride 7/26

BerryFine

I really wish Carnival would do 10 & 11 day cruise on both the west coast & caribbean. The west coast one could go out of San Francisco and go to some new ports in Mexico. The caribbean one could go to more southern island or do an "ultimate" caribbean that goes to the east, south & west. Something like Holland America has:

http://hollandamerica.com/dest/itinerary.do?selectedItin=20070402:V714:CVO010&dest=C

Being that our turn is coming in 6 days, I REALLY appreciate the feedback about the Canada trip.

I now understand that packing a pair of jeans and a sweatshirt for each of us, is a good idea.

We all wondered when Carnival announced the change.

I can't even imagine the shook that must have been....

While checking in, huh?

They gave you no option to back out at that point? or go home and grab different clothes? :confused: Yikes!

Well it should be interesting.....

Oh! how do you find the ship tracking?

Glad to hear that you were able to make the best of it. Expecting the Mexican Rivera and winding up in Canada. The same thing happened to us a few years ago on the Pride. Expecting to go to the Mexican Rivera we had a change as well. Hurricanes ruined it for us. We wound up going to Catalina,Ensenada then spending two days in San Francisco. Had a wonderfull time, got $200 ship board credit plus 50% off our next cruise. Wound up using the credit for an Alaskan cruise last year.

Wow! I might be ok with a 50% off deal on a future cruise instead of simply 25%!! I wonder why they gave us the shaft?

I am rather confused too as to why only 25%! Although the time away on vacation was wonderful - no phones, etc., I still needed to spend extra dollars on clothing I didn't need. &, not having the extra port of call meant one more day on board ship, which by Saturday was growing rather tedious with many of the children on board, which became rather annoying to those of us without children. The cruise was quite rough going North, and somewhat so returning - after two days on land, I am still feeling the motion!!!:( Do want to sail again - this was my first - but may select a different ship that is not quite so "family - Disneyland"!!;)

We are scheduled to fly FROM vancouver to LA to board the PRIDE for a Mexican cruise in 2 weeks. Does anyone know how long the ship is intending to be up here? This would be soooo dissapointing for us not to go to Mexico and end up at home.:confused:

It was a "one time" deal to avoid a tropical storm that was hovering near Cabo when the ship was leaving port, so there was no going around it....usually the storms are further south or further west and the cruise reverses its port stops. Barring another weird TS or hurricane, you should be "fine."

Archived