taklanika tour????

misspuss

this is the tour that is listed in our Princess cruise itninerary. We are supposed to leave at 0600 and end at 1100. Does anyone know what this is? I have only read about the natural history and the atundra wilderness tours.

SO CONFUSED !!!!

Is this it??? My opinion only, not any distance I would consider. This isn't even to Polychrome Pass, which is a highlight. Visitors need to be very informed on Denali park options. My min. recommended distance in is Fish Creek, my opinion only. I am shocked at some of the options here, including RCI, not even including the Natural History tour and only the visitor center??? And I thought the NHT a waste of time?? The visitor center- for me is probably 5% of my total time in Denali Park, very worthwhile but way lacking if your entire time there.

I suggest people consider- it takes HOURS to get to Denali Park- 6 by bus, 8 by train to/from Anchorage. Determine- if what you are coming to Alaska for, is it transit based or getting into destinations?

Teklanika Campground: Mile 29

Teklanika campground has sites for RV’s and other hard sided vehicles. Tent camping is not allowed at this time due to wildlife activity. Visitors driving RV’s into the park must obtain camping reservations and a permit to drive beyond the Savage Check Station.

Teklanika River: Mile 30

The Teklanika River runs through Igloo Forest, creating large gravel bars for easy travel. A rest stop at Teklanika provides restrooms, and expansive views from the deck. Campgrounds are nearby at Teklanika and Igloo Creek campgrounds.

this is the tour that is listed in our Princess cruise itninerary. We are supposed to leave at 0600 and end at 1100. Does anyone know what this is? I have only read about the natural history and the atundra wilderness tours.

SO CONFUSED !!!!

try this site. it will give you a description of the different tours in Denali.

http://www.reservedenali.com/tours.php

Thank you all for the information! It looks like the Teklanika tour is somwhere between the NHT and the TWT. I have to admit that one of my main concerns it that the time is listed as 0600 in the a.m.! ARRRGGH !!!!

Thank you all for the information! It looks like the Teklanika tour is somwhere between the NHT and the TWT. I have to admit that one of my main concerns it that the time is listed as 0600 in the a.m.! ARRRGGH !!!!

That's a late Denali departure for me - I like to be away by 5:30 at the very latest :D

Archived