XSNOBS...report here!!

Danno

A newly formed group in now taking on members...XSNOBS (Xtrodinary Shophisicated Not Over Bearing Shipmates) is now open for business.

However we have a few rules...

a) all members must respect the "space" of other passengers.

b) all members must abide by the common rules of courtesy and show proper manners when dealing with other passengers and crew members.

c) while we will drink all we want we will not become loud or obnoxious to the crew, other pax, or our wives/husbands.

d) we will control our children and understand that we have an obligation to make them adhere to accepted rules of proper behavior

e) we understand that as much as cruise lines try, NO cruise will be perfect, we accept this and will adjust.

f) we understand that not everyone around us wants to hear our conversations and will keep our voices down in confined areas.

g) we understand that while some rules may seem odd that they probably exist for a good reason and we agree to follow them.

h) we understand patience is a virtue and while we would all like to disembark first it ain't goin' to happen...relax and be happy

i) finally we pledge to endeavor to keep cruising "special". To not let it become just another vacation and most of all, to understand that we are all truly fortunate to be able to cruise and to never take that for granted.

Looking forward to the first members meeting in the near future

Sign us up. We hope membership fees aren't too high though: we just signed up for 14 day cruise to Alaska next year on Celebrity of course (as well as the Mercury in January for the Mexican Rivera). Your mantra is what we believe in also. We also promise not to golf at TP in California.

Dave and Elaine

I hereby submit my application for membership to XSNOBS. If accepted, I promise to adhere to the charter proposed by Danno.

Further, I undertake to adhere to the dress code established by the ship, believing that dress codes are one of the key influences that keep cruising "special".

Terry:)

Danno:

Please sign up this ex-pat Canuck. (and pass the butter tarts)

Not only are my husband and I XSNOBS and proud of it, we have raised two single late twentysomethings to appreciate the benefits of sailing on Celebrity.

BTW, the link in the original thread regarding someone's desire to bring a kiddy pool onboard was hysterical.

Is there some special oath requiring that we XSNOBS NEVER EVER EVER get up at 6 am and place all of our belongings on rows and rows of pool lounges? If not, might I suggest that be put up for consideration at the next Board meeting?

Evana

Ah hell................I was just going to avoid this but I can not. I have sailed with Snob & Snobette and know them well. If it's good enough for them, it's good enough for us. Sign up Catmand and AkaWanda.

I also promise if I ever see an inflatable pool on deck I will find the nearest large pin/knitting needle/sharp fork or any other sharp instrument and puncture the thing.

Please accept our request for membership in the X-SNOBS. :)

We work hard all year, play nice with others and look forward to cruising with intelligent, well traveled, graceful, considerate, polite and interesting people from all walks of life. :rolleyes:

Joe & Jeff

Danno

I've not been on a cruise yet, but these rules sound like fine common sense to me. Love to join - do I have to wait until I've cruised though (soon on Summit, 23 July)? :)

Maree

However we have a few rules...

How about RULE #1......we don't have any rules? Just common sense guidelines. :rolleyes:

Regardless, I hereby commit myself to the X-SNOBS, so help me GROUCHO! :D

We would be very proud to be xsnob and xsnobettes!!! We are on the Century Jan 22 with some other CC's. I cannot wait to tell them. My new found friend is from Canada and the rest from USA, but we certainly love your rules.

We appreciate ya!!!

John and Patti

Sign us up too - we have only cruised with Celebrity since 1992 because we love the atmosphere, quality, service, and people. We have yet to have bad tablemates (well except for 1 couple on a transatlantic who sat at the table only one night - she was downright rude to a young Canadian couple) and actually enjoy talking with other Celebrity cruisers.

We are sub group, but none the less and important group who has great voting power. People like Lois and I can bring 1000's of votes from our constituancy of travelers. We like your rules and can adapt them to our semi-secret sub group. Michael

Archived