On loud "music"

It is a popular comment made by many cruisers that they find the constant music being played in such locations and the elevators, restaurants, poolside etc to be obtrusive.

In particular, according to research, the predominent liners who favor such loud music at all times are Carnival and Royal Caribbean Cruises.

What are your thoughts on the constant (usually loud) music played during your relaxing vacation?

All feedback is welcome to this thread.

Thank you for help regarding this piece of research..

J

It is a popular comment made by many cruisers that they find the constant music being played in such locations and the elevators, restaurants, poolside etc to be obtrusive.

In particular, according to research, the predominent liners who favor such loud music at all times are Carnival and Royal Caribbean Cruises.

What are your thoughts on the constant (usually loud) music played during your relaxing vacation?

J

LOL, they play music on cruises??

I usually am having too much fun to notice!

Interesting subject. Actually I have never found the music particularly loud in the restaurants or elevators on RCCI ships.

On Freedom of the Seas one afternoon a delightful jazz band was playing in the Prominade, but where I was seated in the coffee shop the ambient music was never turned off (probably a case of someone not knowing whose responsibility it was to turn it off) so there was a jumble of "elevator-style" music mixed with the soothing jazz which wasn't soothing at all.

By the pool, I guess I expect the reggae band to be loud because there is so much noise in that area anyway. I'd rather listen to the band than the noise of belly-flop contests and Mr. Sexy Legs expositions.

I'm a music lover anyway and have played in heavy metal and blues bands, so my perception of "too loud" might be different from that of others.

Loud music by the pool, yes. Anywhere else, I don't agree. The Centrium has live music in the afternoons and evenings, and it's usually very good. Yes, it can be loud, but it's the lobby and it's for evening entertainment, so you expect it. We love the performers they have in the Centrium.

To avoid the loud music by the pool, we do our outside sitting on Deck 5, Promenade Deck. We are not sunbathers, so this suits us. Very quiet. Also, up on the Sports Deck, away from midship, you don't hear the music.

The original post is in itself a misrepresentation. Look how it is worded and it seems to me that the poster is stating things from "research" that just don't sound to be accurate. I don't know what your real intent is by your post but you might want to find a more legitimate way of doing "research" before fishing for some knocks on a couple of pretty good compaines.

The original post is in itself a misrepresentation. Look how it is worded and it seems to me that the poster is stating things from "research" that just don't sound to be accurate. I don't know what your real intent is by your post but you might want to find a more legitimate way of doing "research" before fishing for some knocks on a couple of pretty good compaines.

I never noticed music being too loud - but I noticed that when ever the captain came on the intercom (thingy) in the room that I could never understand a word that was being said. Jan

Me too! I thought I was the only one who had to open my door to hear what was being said. When I would turn up the volume on the button in the room that said "announcements", all I would get was "louder" elevator music. Maybe it was malfunctioning or something.

Denise :)

Me too! I thought I was the only one who had to open my door to hear what was being said. When I would turn up the volume on the button in the room that said "announcements", all I would get was "louder" elevator music. Maybe it was malfunctioning or something.

Actually, the speaker in the cabin is not for general announcements, but for emergency announcements. At least that is the way it has been explained to me.

I'm am not a fan of loud music. The only area that I am aware that plays loud music is by the pool. That's great as we are not pool people.

We love the piano music played in the centrum or schooner bar.

Other than the music played in the specialty areas, I guess I have never noticed music.

Rick

Actually, the speaker in the cabin is not for general announcements, but for emergency announcements. At least that is the way it has been explained to me.

Rick

Oh well, good. I thought it was weird I never could hear anything in there. Made me kinda worry I would miss a real emergency announcement!

Don't mind the music and love the bands. I don't like MUTS on Princess. Now that was loud.

I completely agree! :) Now, I also agree with with sas80 who said they're having too much fun on a cruise to notice the music.

I've never noticed loud music in elevators and restaurants on RCI.

Elf

"It is a popular comment made by many cruisers that they find the constant music being played in such locations and the elevators, restaurants, poolside etc to be obtrusive."

The basic premise is wrong, cruisers comment about food, jeans in the dining room, smuggling booze, saving deck chairs, and kids in adult only areas but "constant music..to be obtrusive" is way down the list if it is at all.

Also this poster has posted the exact same message on most of the individual cruise lines forums here on Cruise Critic.

"It is a popular comment made by many cruisers that they find the constant music being played in such locations and the elevators, restaurants, poolside etc to be obtrusive."

The basic premise is wrong, cruisers comment about food, jeans in the dining room, smuggling booze, saving deck chairs, and kids in adult only areas but "constant music..to be obtrusive" is way down the list if it is at all.

Also this poster has posted the exact same message on most of the individual cruise lines forums here on Cruise Critic.

Thanks for the heads-up, gatour.

1245759099_trollchow.jpg.29aed5640f75f0e971b4303beaf692d6.jpg

J

On my Serenade cruise, I never had a problem with loud music at any time - except for the extremely loud music that the Princess ship docked back to back with us in St. Thomas chose to play at 7:30 in the morning. It sort of ruined the enjoyment of my aft balcony to be hearing Jessica Simpson played loudly from another ship. I would've hated to have been onboard that ship. At least we were a distance away and could go into our cabin to escape it.

On my Serenade cruise, I never had a problem with loud music at any time - except for the extremely loud music that the Princess ship docked back to back with us in St. Thomas chose to play at 7:30 in the morning. It sort of ruined the enjoyment of my aft balcony to be hearing Jessica Simpson played loudly from another ship. I would've hated to have been onboard that ship. At least we were a distance away and could go into our cabin to escape it.

Wrona...........you are not that old!! Or was the evening before, a whole lot of fun!!:D :D

Dang.....some mornings are harder than others!!:D

Wrona...........you are not that old!! Or was the evening before, a whole lot of fun!!:D :D

Dang.....some mornings are harder than others!!:D

The night before was definitely fun, but NO, I did not have a hangover that morning. As it was we were up early and getting ready to hit the ground running to make the 9am ferry from Red Hook with a cute guy. But I'm sorry, even without a hangover, there should be a law against playing music that loud at that time of the morning.

I never noticed the music or announcements until I mentioned to my partner that I read that folks are annoyed by the,. He laughed and said that our cruise had them. Guess some people tune out better than others!

Archived