On loud "music"

jack75729

It is a popular comment made by many cruisers that they find the constant music being played in such locations and the elevators, restaurants, poolside etc to be obtrusive.

In particular, according to research, the predominent liners who favor such loud music at all times are Carnival and Royal Caribbean Cruises.

What are your thoughts on the constant (usually loud) music played during your relaxing vacation?

All feedback is welcome to this thread.

Thank you for help regarding this piece of research..

J

It is a popular comment made by many cruisers that they find the constant music being played in such locations and the elevators, restaurants, poolside etc to be obtrusive.

In particular, according to research, the predominent liners who favor such loud music at all times are Carnival and Royal Caribbean Cruises.

What are your thoughts on the constant (usually loud) music played during your relaxing vacation?

All feedback is welcome to this thread.

Thank you for help regarding this piece of research..

J

I must have missed the loud, obtrusive music in the elevators and restaurants on my last 9 Carnival Cruises. Unless you mean the waiters singing in the restaurants, which they have done on all the Carnival & Princess cruises I've been on. I wouldn't mind if they did away with it but, it doesn't bother me and most people seem to like it.

On the Island Princess I just used the pool with soothing or no music. My husband chose to sit at the pool with the County Western playing. On the Carnival cruises the music/noise was only at the central pool so I sat at the others.

I'm not sure were your research came from, as I've personally never been on RCCL yet. Carnival and Princess both have music at some but not all pools. I just don't remember the noise in elevators.

The only Princess venue where I've thought the music was too loud is Horizon Court. It was particularly bothersome on the CB in January, and I avoided the buffet area for this reason. The only negative comment I made on the "comment card" following the cruise was in regard to the loud music in HC.

Bon Voyage!

Chris

My only issue is with the top decks (Lido, Sun) early in the morning. I go there to take pictures of the sunrise, etc., and other than a few joggers and early risers sipping on coffee, it's abandoned. The music is still playing the same party type music from the night before and without anyone around it's a lot louder reverberating throughout the upper deck areas. I wish they could either shut it down for a few hours or at least turn it down a few notches. Maybe even try a little more sedate music since the late night conga lines dancers have long hit the sack. :D

I've never found music loud enough to be intrusive on the Princess ships we have sailed on. And I would be the first and loudest to complain if it were loud enough to be bothersome. To me, a cruise is meant to be restful, but fun, and relatively quiet without someone else's choice of music. If they asked me what kind to play, it would be classical, country or easy type jazz. I doubt they'll ask. Therefore, I'm very glad it's not intrusive.

On our last cruise, it was easy to overdose on the Christmas music as it was played everywhere, even on all of the music channels on the in-cabin TV (it would have been nice to keep one audio channel non-holidayish).

During the days that my hubby wanted to play his guitar, he checked out various spots and found music constantly playing. He finally sat down near the entrance of Sabitinis and went ahead with his practicing. He got lots of compliments and even found a couple of others onboard to jam with.

I don't remember music on the elevators.....just some woman always telling us which deck we were on.....:)

and.......on one of our cruises........I don't know who the idiot was that thought we would enjoy rap music at the pool....:(

I would be happy with no music, just the sound of the ocean. We have found the music a little loud right by the pool but just get up and move. If I do not have to try and talk above the band, it is OK and I can live with it.

Carol

I think the music is very good. It creates a more fun atmosphere and there are still quiet places to go if you don't like the music. Personally I found the music nice, I can stand on the deck looking out on the water listening to the music but still have the ability to block the music out.

Archived