Call From Ncl Upcoming Dawn Cruise

housecall

I just received a call from ncl regarding our aug 12 cruise. they offered an upgrade to a balcony for $200/ per cabin. two cabins in our group.

I passed since we have small kids, and just weren't interested.

Do they do this often? I assume the cruise didn't sell out if they do this.:)

I just received a call from ncl regarding our aug 12 cruise. they offered an upgrade to a balcony for $200/ per cabin. two cabins in our group.

I passed since we have small kids, and just weren't interested.

They do it on most every cruise. It is call upsell. Lots of threads on the subject. If they call a balcony passenger and they take a mini suite they then resell that balcony cabin at a discount to someone like you. Sort of like musical chairs to increase revenue for the sailing.

By moving passenger up they open only the cheapest cabins for those last minute bargain hunters.

Yes, they do this often and the cruise probably isn't sold out. NCL is trying to upsell people to more expensive rooms so they can sell the lower priced rooms to last minute cruisers at great prices.

The same happened to us a few weeks before Dawn sailing in "04

We booked the cheapest inside cabin (with a guaranteed cabin status). Meanwhile, when I booked I already knew that the bottom 6 categorites were sold out. Then, got a call from TA wanting to know if I wanted to upgrade to a balcony for $100 each. I jumped at the chance. A balcony for 7 day for less than $600. ( not inc taxes, etc.) I am hoping for a call this fall as well :)

Archived