Need help about Antigua? I'm your guy

Antigua-Guy

I know this has been posted and asked many times..but I cannot sem to find...SORRY:(

What is the Best beach..close to the ship's dock and kid friendly.....snorkeling too if that is available.

Any suggestions?

We were there 2 years ago and cannot seem to recall the beautiful beach we went to....was not that close to the dock, but was worth the ride!!

Any advice???:)

I'm hoping "Antiguan" or someone else can help me out. We are spending a day on Antigua arriving in St. John via cruiseship and would like to visit Long Bay Beach (or another good snorkeling beach) by public bus. Do you recommend this?? Thank you

Momof2boys, any excursion that can be booked throught the ship can be cut from the ship if anyone finds out that they are independantly taking guests. There are some, however, that don't work with the ships directly. Gareth Williams runs Happy Trails, which is a fairly new operation. I had some friends go out on his 4X4 adventurea and loved it. He mostly works with the hotels i think, and i will find out his email address today. It's going to be way more personal than cruise organized one without a doubt.

My husband and I will be in Antigua for the World Cup Cricket from 24 to 31 March 2007, staying at Cocos Bay Hotel.

Can you recommend Wadadli Cats trips - we've heard mixed reviews that they're overcrowded, more for the younger set (we're active 50 yr olds).

Would you recommend hiring a car or jeep or should we just take taxis - we like to get out and see things, not just lay on a beach.

Hello folks,

If you guys need any unbiased info about Antigua i'm your guy. I'm from Antigua and work in the tourism industry so I just about know all there is to know.

I've pretty much been everywhere, seen everything and got the T shirts to prove it!!

Happy Cruising!!!

My husband and I will be in Antigua for the World Cup Cricket from 24 to 31 March 2007, staying at Cocos Bay Hotel.

(we're active 50 yr olds).

Would you recommend hiring a car or jeep or should we just take taxis - we like to get out and see things, not just lay on a beach.

It's either Coco Bay or Cocos that you are staying at. Each similar but different properties. I would say reserve a car now. Well worth it to go on your own. You will see more and it will be cheaper than getting cabs. If you are active then maybe there are better tours for you. The new jungle tour which is starting up in a few months will be cool, Stingray City, Adventure Antigua tours, A jeep Tour, Kayaking Tours are all more designed for active people. Wadadli is fun but you are correct about the numbers especially during world cup.

Have fun!

Hi Antigua Guy! You mentioned Tony's Watersports - I've been trying to find out if they're still offering parasailing - We're coming on board the Carnival Destiny in May 07, and my friend & her hubby want to parasail. Personally, I'm all about beaches and snorkeling - what are the best snorkeling beaches there? Thanks - it really helps to have a local contact for info!

Countdown2Cruise

Antigua Guy,

Thanks for all the information. What I would like to know is if you know anyone in the taxi business. We are a family of five and we would like to go to Long Bay for the day. This will mean we need transportation. it would be great to plan this in advance rather then winging it!

Thanks!

Rigger

Hello folks,

If you guys need any unbiased info about Antigua i'm your guy. I'm from Antigua and work in the tourism industry so I just about know all there is to know.

I've pretty much been everywhere, seen everything and got the T shirts to prove it!!

Happy Cruising!!!

Beaches Beaches Beaches.....what is your recomendation for a beach, which has rentals of chairs/umbrellas, a bar (thats a must), clean beach and within 20 minutes of the cruise terminal?

Thanks in advance

Vince

I'm wondering about horseback riding with a 5 year old.

All the excursions through the ship state all kids have to be 12 years old. Do you know of any private tour we can do? I booked on my in other ports and there were kids riding with their arenst.

Any suggestions and a way to contact them?

Thanks for all the info you have posted here. It's a wealth of info.

Hi Antigua Guy, You are a brave soul and very nice for offering all the information so far. I read all the posts and thank you for the advice and suggestions. I was wondering if we could go to your house for lunch?

hahaha,

Coka

Hello folks,

Happy Cruising!!!

Hi!!! Antigua Guy,

Can mopeds or scooters available for rent and what are the rates or web sites ?

Thank you...:)

Antigua-Guy,

I have read about various all inclusives. How many are near the ship (reasonable cab away) which is the best? Seems like Pineapple beach is a good one? Do you have a favorite....

Just looking for a place that has nice food and drink... Nice beach with local flavor..

just take a quick cab over to "tony's watersports" on dickenson bay. he's got drinks and food and just down from him is another place called "the beach" which is a little more upscale. No need to go all inclusive. it will probably be cheaper this way too.

Antigua Guy,

Thanks so much for the information.

As far as clothing optional beaches, the only one that I have heard of in Antigua is at Hawksbill Resort. One of the five beaches there is supposed to be CO.

T

hanks again for the info.

Can you tell me how far, and the cost to get to Hawksbill Resort. And do they allow day visitors?

Thankyou:)

Archived