Enchantment Review 7/27 + Fire Picture

Use to be you could come on here and post your experiences good or bad. Now more then ever, when there are controversal post they seem to be getting deleted. Really seems like the Cruise Companies may be pulling the strings on CC. For example my post will be deleted.

And thats too bad, this use to be a great watchdog, now it is just part of the dog.

I wonder how the Bed bug postings violate the guidlines of C.C.? According to the guidlines and Policys the board is to provide unbiased info from many sources. (to paraphrase) Mabey its time to update the guidelines. If CC chooses to only have non controversial postings, then they need to state that.

• 1 year later...

Berry - What type of stateroom were you in and do you know why the post was removed? I didn't get to read it. :(

About the fire...I read it was a faulty light bulb on a life jacket in a closet and could not understand how a fire could start that way. Oh, how rumors get started. :rolleyes: Glad to know how it really started, but just think how tragic it could have been if the fire had started while it was full of passengers in the ocean. :eek:

Where are the other photo's?

Berry - What type of stateroom were you in and do you know why the post was removed? I didn't get to read it. :(

About the fire...I read it was a faulty light bulb on a life jacket in a closet and could not understand how a fire could start that way. Oh, how rumors get started. :rolleyes: Glad to know how it really started, but just think how tragic it could have been if the fire had started while it was full of passengers in the ocean. :eek:

Where are the other photo's?

UMMM WRONG incident.....Look at the date of the post...

Just a little side note on this comment. Not all bugs die from the heat of the drier. I have personally seen ticks crawl out of the drier. They don't drown either.

He's right about that, I once tried to nuke ants in the microwave, they crawled around inside there like nothing was happening, not even a scratch! LOL Where is your other thread BearySweet, I'd like to read it?

It looks like the 9/15 cruise has been cancelled. It shows NO rooms availabe for that date. Unless it's completely sold out...which I doubt. Probably a good idea for RCL to cancell and do a complete clean-up

We are going on 10/8, and there have only been a few rooms available for the last few weeks. It is entirely possible that the 9/15 sailing is sold out.

Ok, the bedbug thing really freaks me out. I was also attacked by these foul creatures at a hotel in Wilmington, NC a year and a half ago. I ended up in the ER in anaphalactic (sp?) shock. I had well over 500 bites and my body just started shutting down...felt like I had a cinder block on my chest and could barely move. Anyway, this scares the hell out of me! I'll be on Mariner in November and I never thought about this being a problem on cruise ships, don't know why, just never crossed my mind. My concern is this, according to the docs that treated me, because this happened to me once if I were to be bitten by them again, the effect could actually be worse! I'm also allergic to mosquito bites etc., but know how to treat those and they don't usually bite you 500 + times!

I'd really be curious as to how RCI has handled this problem. I have a feeling too that they should be fumigating not only the offending cabin, but several on either side as well.

Mocorobabe..... this thread was started over a YEAR ago. The 9-15 roll call is very active....it has not been cancelled. Also, I have not read about any recent bed bug problems. T-17 for Enchantment and not the least bit worried about bugs or fires. :D

VAHockeymom - I sure hope you carry an EPI pen/pin with you! :eek:

I've actually thought about it. Hopefully, it would be one of those things you always have, but never need. I would assume (hope) the ships medical could treat allergic reactions. The ER had to give me about 5 different drugs intraveniously before they could get the reaction under control. :(

Archived