Could we start a list of perks that were discontinued?

I miss most the "motion of the ocean". With all the stabilizers out there and the newly built ships, you just don't feel like you are on water anymore. (Unless there is a pretty good storm). I used to love walking on the decks in the evenings and not being able to keep a straight line. (now I just have to have a martini or two). How much fun it was to watch a whole group of passengers walking forward.....then all left.....then all right! What a blast. It may make some people seasick, but that's the one thing I miss about cruising.

Bridge lessons in 2008 on the Coral Princess - we had a great bridge instructor & wish Princess would re-institute bridge lessons!

• 2 months later...
I was just on the Explorer in Jan. and we had to use our seapass to check out towels by the pool...that was a first for me!!

The first time I saw this, I thought it was just stupid. But on my next cruise ( not with RCI)

I saw the light!

RCI is handling this the right way, and I wish that all cruise lines did it this way.

When you have to have your sea pass card swiped when you get towels, it means that you have to return them when you leave, or else get charged.

When you just pick up towels without it being noted, then when you leave, you can (and most do) leave the towel on the chair.

This means that there are a lot of seats that look occupied and are not.

Personally I am sick of the chair hogs.

We have gone to a pool at 8am and most chairs already have towels and a throw away book.

Some of these chairs stay vacant most of the day. And to add insult to injury, often the people will finally turn up, remove their bag or book and leave without ever sitting down.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 1/28/2018 at 9:48 PM, ReneeFLL said:

I know this is an old post, but I had a good laugh.

So sad that you had a good laugh. You must have a hang up about people who are not "thin." Personally, I found your comment insensitive and offensive, and yes, I am by your standards "fat." 

• Like 1

On 8/4/2006 at 7:27 AM, Jim Gallup said:

Discontinued items on cruise lines:

Thin Passengers - 1995

Well Dressed Passengers - 1998

Well Behaved Passengers - -1999

On 1/28/2018 at 10:48 PM, ReneeFLL said:

I know this is an old post, but I had a good laugh.

51 minutes ago, Susieq0102 said:

So sad that you had a good laugh. You must have a hang up about people who are not "thin." Personally, I found your comment insensitive and offensive, and yes, I am by your standards "fat." 

Sorry that you had to zone in on the fat part. I guess that really didn't stick in my mind because what got my attention was the dressed and behaved part.  Maybe I should have specified that I thought the well dressed and well behaved were the funny parts because there seem to be fewer them these days. I would NEVER EVER (do I need to repeat myself?) make fun of an overweight or handicapped person. Now if they had an "ESA" (fake service dog) with them that would be an entirely different story. :classic_biggrin:  Sorry you saw it that way.

BTW, you don't know what my standards are. You might be very surprised.

Edited by ReneeFLL

SusieQ,  he said thin people were discontinued.  He did not make fun of “fat” or handicapped passengers.  Also, this was an old post.  I am so tired of people who have to complain about themselves.  In general, people are overweight in th U.S.  that is a statistical fact!  You are are so insecure and embarrassed by your weight, you lash out and misinterpreted the post entirely.

• Like 1