Has anyone used an Aqua Pac before?

A couple of us on our cruise are discussing the use of the "Aqua Pac" camera bag. http://www.aquapac.net/usstore/erol.html#588X0 Has anyone used one of these before? If so, do they really take as good of pictures as they show on the web site? http://www.aquapac.net/usstore/erol.html#1453X0 If anyone has used one of these and has actual pictures they've taken that they could post I'd love to see them. Or if you have any advice about them, like their ease of use or whether they're really waterproof or not, I'd sure love to hear about it! Any help with this is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

tHERE is a thread "near or in the water" on the royal caribbean forum that has pictures that some one took using aquapac.use the search forum. make sure you select royal caribbean though. I will try to find it again and bring it back to the top of the list

We had used the AquaPak just recently on NOS...first time. It does take some time to get used to, for instance, how to push the shutter if the camera shifts in the pak. And when you turn the camera on, it was necessary to give the lens room to expand, or else the camera retracts the lens. Our pics came out great most of the time, but not always. It was easier to use underwater, above shots were sometimes cloudy, due to drops of water on the pak. The lens needs to be right up against the plastic.

The best thing I can suggest, is practice first...in a pool, or whatever. And bring a backup disposable, just in case it's more than you can deal with.

We took it with us up Dunn's River Falls, and at Stingray City, got some good shots.

Archived