Tips needed for cruising with kids

mma3

We cruised on the Grand Princess last January with my two kids (3 & 8 at the time). My 8 year old had a blast. He loved the kids program. The only thing I wish we had done is bring some little toys like cars or something to keep them busy in the tiny room while we were getting ready or just resting. Make sure you tell your room steward so they will decorate the outside of your cabin.

Have a great cruise!!

Misty

My son is having his 7th birthday on the Crown on the next sailing! He is a cruise veteran. He LOVEs the kids program.

Make sure it is noted in your cruise personalizer that you are celebrating his birthday. They will put balloons on your door and have a birthday cake at dinner. (you might have to remind them though)

We like to have early seating dinner. We would order his dinner and our appetizers and then at 7 when the kids club opened for the evening, one of us would take him to the club and then come back and we'd eat the rest of our dinner.

You don't need a lot of extra toys because there are plenty of things to do in the club. As the other poster mentioned, just something to keep him occupied in your room. There are also games and cards you can borrow from the game room to bring to your room.

Have a great time!

You can arrange it so he can get a little special birthday dessert in the dining room. Also, balloons will be put on your cabin door saying happy birthday. Make sure you bring something to keep him occupied while in your cabin or even at dinner. The kids' program is really good. If you want to have a quiet dinner you can feed him early and get him to the kids' zone and you can have a nice quiet dinner. Sometimes they have special meals in the kids' zone and a pajama party one night. The kids love the pool. Our grandsons have been on 3 cruises and my son always has them bring their gameboys and stuffed animals that they like to sleep with and a couple of hot wheels. We go with them so that if son/dil want to go on shore without the boys (take a tour the kids wouldn't do well on), the boys stay with us and we get some quality time with them.

You can arrange it so he can get a little special birthday dessert in the dining room. Also, balloons will be put on your cabin door saying happy birthday. Make sure you bring something to keep him occupied while in your cabin or even at dinner. The kids' program is really good. If you want to have a quiet dinner you can feed him early and get him to the kids' zone and you can have a nice quiet dinner. Sometimes they have special meals in the kids' zone and a pajama party one night. The kids love the pool. Our grandsons have been on 3 cruises and my son always has them bring their gameboys and stuffed animals that they like to sleep with and a couple of hot wheels. We go with them so that if son/dil want to go on shore without the boys (take a tour the kids wouldn't do well on), the boys stay with us and we get some quality time with them.

Archived