Mr. Sancho's

Redsoxfan14

My wife and I will be visiting Cozumel in May 2006 (via Carnival Victory) and we are looking for information regarding Mr. Sanchos. We would like to go horseback riding while we are in Cozumel but would also like some beach time. I was searching for horseback riding and came across the website for Mr. Sanchos which offers a beach, pool, restaurant, bar as well as horseback riding and atv tours.

Since the website does not have any prices listed, I was wondering if there was an entrance fee to Mr. Sanchos and what is the additional cost for horseback riding there. Has anyone been to this place before? Also, due to the hurricane, is Mr. Sanchos completely up and running? Are there any other places that offer horseback riding?

Originally, I was thinking about Paradise Beach (which looks beautiful) but unfortunately we would have to leave there if we wanted to go horseback riding somewhere.

Oh great ... 1 person says that Mr. Sanchos has been heavily damaged and is not opened and the other person says that it is open. Now what do I do? lol

Has anyone been to Cozumel recently? (within the past few weeks) How is Mr. Sanchos?

Has anyone been to Cozumel recently? (within the past few weeks) How is Mr. Sanchos?
When I said it was open that was because each time I went by it in a dive boat (several days in a row) it sure looked open each day. The chairs and umbrellas were set out. I even saw a few people there on the beach. I was in Cozumel Dec 19-24. But since I didn't actually go there, I can't make a guarantee that it was open. Even if it wasn't, which I really doubt, it would surely be open by May.

Hi - I was in Cozumel last week and we stopped at Mr Sanchos. They are open, and they are recovering from hurricane damage. Lots of rebuilding going on (thatch huts being restored to protect folks from the sun). It was in decent shape, (5 on a scale of 10). We did not stay, favoring less crowded beaches on the far side of the island. Glad we did - the surf was great!

Can anyone tell me about Mr. Sanchos? Do you spend the day there? What do you do? Thanks

Mr. Sanchos is a beach club. They have a really cool bar where the bar stools are swings, a restaraunt, beach access, gift shops, and the above mentioned horseback riding and atv's. In the past it has been free, though it is assumed you will at least buy a drink. We had a lot of fun there. We were "attacked" by a group of banditos while we were there, and the Dos Equis girls were there. I won second place in a beer drinking contest where the Dos Equis girls dresed us all as babies and fed us beer from baby bottles. Got some great pics of that. The food there is awesome. We ordered lunch and chips and guacamole and they served the guac in a really unique bowl and I swear it was a half gallon of guacamole. Anyways, it's a neat place, and we'll probably go there again on our upcoming cruise. I hope they weathered the storm ok.

Well thanks for all the info several of you had posted so far. Someone that I met on another thread emailed me the prices for Mr. Sancho's.

Here are some of the prices from their list.

Horseback Riding 1/2 hour - $30.00

Horseback Riding 50 minutes - $40.00

ATV Tour 1/2 hour - $30.00

ATV Tour 50 minutes - $40.00

Wave Runner 1/2 hour - $55.00

Glass Botton Boat Tour 1 1/2 hours - $30.00

Banana Ride 10 minutes - $10.00

Lockers - $2.00

2 Beach Chairs w/ Umbrella - $10.00

• 2 weeks later...

we are on the 2/19 conquest and wondering if anyone has been to mr. sanchos since it re-opened. we are also looking at the favorites on this site-paradise and san francisco. been to nachi cocom, but i don't think it has re-opened. just worried about all the crowds, 5-6 ships in port. any suggestions welcomed(kids ages, 12, 15, and 17). thanks alot.

We were there at christmas and it was open......... going there again next week on the conquest.

J

What kind of shape was it in? Have they reopened the bar and the restaurant? Are the shops open? Any beach in front or are you still having to go to either side?

Thanks.

Has anybody been to Mr Sanchos lately? I'm looking to see if they've rebuilt yet. Are the shops open? Have they replaced any of the beach in the front or are they still setting up the chairs to the sides?

Carolyn

Carolyn,

I just received an email from Mr. Sancho's not even 5 minutes ago. Here is part of the email they sent me.

Thank you very much for your interest in Mr. Sancho's Beach Club. YES... We

ARE open!

Please find all the information on our activities and tours attached to this

mail.

We are open everyday from 9:30am until sunset.

We offer FREE entrance to our visitors.

As for our services we have restaurant, bar, lockers, indoor and outdoor

showers, bathrooms, wedding garden, events garden, pool, chairs and tables

on the beach.

Please do not hesitate to contact me again if you need any further

information.

Regards,

Vanessa G. Weller

Mr. Sancho's Beach Club

sales@gotocozumel.com

www.mrsanchos.com

The rest of the email was price lists and pics of the activities they offer.

Carolyn,

I just received an email from Mr. Sancho's not even 5 minutes ago. Here is part of the email they sent me.

Thank you very much for your interest in Mr. Sancho's Beach Club. YES... We

ARE open!

Please find all the information on our activities and tours attached to this

mail.

We are open everyday from 9:30am until sunset.

We offer FREE entrance to our visitors.

As for our services we have restaurant, bar, lockers, indoor and outdoor

showers, bathrooms, wedding garden, events garden, pool, chairs and tables

on the beach.

Please do not hesitate to contact me again if you need any further

information.

Regards,

Vanessa G. Weller

Mr. Sancho's Beach Club

sales@gotocozumel.com

www.mrsanchos.com

The rest of the email was price lists and pics of the activities they offer.

Thank you so much for the information. It's amazing how much of the beach is missing. We're so looking forward to our visit to Cozumel. It broke our hearts to see the destruction in your wonderful country. Wilma came through our town in Florida when it hit the US mainland but we were very fortunate, very fortunate compared to what happened in Cozumel and Cancun.

• 4 weeks later...

am curious about Mr Sanchos. There seems to be infinite info about how great Paradise beach is, but the pictures of Sanchos that I have found are several months old. We enjoyed Sanchos 2 years ago (no admission, great beach and good food). I think that there are going to be 8 ships in port the day that we get to Coz and I`m trying to avoid monster crowds.

Archived