Best Desserts...

bluekrush

Ok i have a big sweet tooth and I have been hearing not so great things about desserts on cruises. I'm going to cruise carnival. I've heard the room service brownies are good but are they really chocolately I like strong chocolate flavor and less sweet. So all you fellow sweet lovers tell me which were your favorite desserts. I don't want to waste calories on bad desserts!

The cookies and brownies from room service are pretty good, not the best I've ever had, but good.

I love all the French pastries, especially at lunch in the dining room.

For dessert at evening meals, I like the Guava Cheese Napoleon, Hazelnut Creme Brulee`, and the Cappuccino Pie.

The best dining room desserts:

Lavender iced souffle (different but good)

Milk chocolate champagne truffle cake

Bitter chocolate melting cake

Bitter and blanc

Chestnut napoleon

Chocolate millefeuille

Grand Marnier souffle

All of the Napoleons from the buffet were good also.

• 2 weeks later...

god they all sound so good. I'm going to gain so much weight :(

So it sounds like the best deserts are in the dinning room except for the decent room service treats and the napoleons at the buffet. Is there anything else at the buffet that I shouldn't miss?

I was on the Fascination a couple of weeks ago and here's what I tried desert wise and how it stacked up :)

The room service cookies were not awful...about like you'd get from the grocery store bakery. The room service brownies were awful, completely inedible. My sister said that the room service chocolate cake was really good, so rich that she couldn't actually finish the ginormous slice they brought her.

At the buffet, the cheesecake was good, the chocolate sushi was interesting and the chocolate ice cream swans were cute but pretty bland.

In the dining room, the roasted pineapple was amazing, the grand marnier souffle was really good and the black forest something or another was basically just chocolate and cherry ice cream.

There were probably other things that I tried a bite of, but I can't remember what they were. I guess that means they weren't so great or terrible as to be memorable.

Guineverekay

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
The best dining room desserts:

Lavender iced souffle (different but good)

Milk chocolate champagne truffle cake

Bitter chocolate melting cake

Bitter and blanc

Chestnut napoleon

Chocolate millefeuille

Grand Marnier souffle

All of the Napoleons from the buffet were good also.

I am not much of a dessert fan, but the The Grand Marnier souffle on CCL is the absolute yummiest best. I order 2 of these when I see them on the menu. I'd order more, but I am so full by then I can barely get them down. Actually the night they have this dessert I love them so much I sometimes FEEL like saying (4 cruises so far) just bring me 6 of them 2 for my app. 2 for my main course and 2 for my dessert. I haven't done it yet, but there is always next time. :p

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My wife loves the souffles on Carnival. She also loves the dessert Crepes at the midnight buffet. I do enjoy a lot of the desserts. But one place that has some of the best desserts can be found at the coffee cafe shop. I once got a slice of Carrott Cake. Ordered another one just to take back to the room.

My last cruise I did not care for the desserts served on lunch up on lido deck. Best desserts always have come from dinning room.

When we sailed on Inspiration a couple of years ago, they had this little cafe area where you had to pay extra for some things. I didn't mind though because the strawberry cheesecake they had there was sooooo good!!! Not to mention the cute little tuxedo strawberries they had.

I usually LOVE brownies, but couldn't stand the ones from room service on the Carnival Glory. I actually only had one bite and threw the rest away. That's almost unheard of from me.:eek:

I have to say that I love the creme brulee. I only eat it while on a cruise. Does anyone know if it is served on the Sensation's three night cruise?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We recently returned from an 8-night cruise on the Carnival Spirit. The BEST dessert I have EVER had on a cruise ship was the Warm Chololate Melting Cake served with a scoop of Vanilla ice cream!!! This was on the Alternative Menu in the Dining Room every night of the cruise...... okay, I had more than my share of them!! Thank goodness I will have it again in less than three weeks on our Paradise cruise. Also, the Key Lime Pie was VERY good and the always available sherberts were also very good.

Enjoy!!

Peggy

Ok i have a big sweet tooth and I have been hearing not so great things about desserts on cruises. I'm going to cruise carnival. I've heard the room service brownies are good but are they really chocolately I like strong chocolate flavor and less sweet. So all you fellow sweet lovers tell me which were your favorite desserts. I don't want to waste calories on bad desserts!

depends what cruise line but I have found the cookies are fine, the chocolate souffle' is pretty good, BF loves the chocolate bread pudding, chocolate covered strawberries in Le Bristro are good also......and some times the sugar free desserts in the main diningroom are sometimes better than the regular ones ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived