Eden Rock in Grand Caymans

slk4485

Hi

Will be in GC in Dec and want to go snorkeling off shore--info on google says this is a great spot--is it really about 1/2 mi from tender spot and is it safe- I am female and will be going by myself. Is there food and renting facilities?? Anyone with any info---I would greatly appreciate hearing from you and thanks.

zydecocruiser

Those pictures are great. Just what I needed. After my morning dive and my family/friends go to Stingray Sandbar tour, I have asked that we all meet at Eden Rock. We'll have lunch and snorkel there, until near 2pm when we need to walk back to the cruise terminal for the 2pm last tender. These pictures allow us to pre-view what we'll do there.

Thanks a lot.

Hey thanks very much for your pictures which are worth their weight in gold--they really show what the beach is like,really appreciate them--one more question--can you rent life vest there?-thanks

My wife and I have dove with Eden Rock twice...once on a boat dive and once right off shore. There isn't a "beach" but there are lockers, picnic table, and easy access to the water. The reef is a short swim out and fun to navigate. If you go to the right, there is a moray eel that hangs out in that area. We went to the left reef, but another diver said they went to the right and came across him. The staff is friendly and nice and a great experience. In fact, on our first dive with Eden Rock...the boat dive...I accidentally left my mask on the boat. When we got back home, I contacted then and they said not a problem they already found it and shipped it back to me right away. I give them 5 out of 5.

We snorkeled there in september 2005. It was really enjoyable. Not much of a reef at this location, but lots and lots of fish ... and some really big ones (i wish i could remember the type of fish that were so large... not parrot fish, maybe tarpin??)

We've stayed on Granbd Cayman a number of times to scuba dive-and Eden Rock is our favorite place to snorkel. You have to swim a ways out to see a lot of coral-but there are tons of fish including big tarpon very close to shore-very safe-lots of fun. We always go here if we are on a cruise that stops in Grand Cayman.:D

• 2 weeks later...
Hey thanks very much for your pictures which are worth their weight in gold--they really show what the beach is like,really appreciate them--one more question--can you rent life vest there?-thanks

Both dive shops have snorkel vests. Don't know if they rent them individually but don't know why they wouldn't.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived