Please Explain Cabin Codes!

joan_al

My wife and I are book for our first cruise on the Triumph for 3/24/2007. Our cabin is 8258 - Category 8C - Outside Balcony. I've looked at pics of cat 8A through 8E and don't see any difference. We would like to know what the codes mean and how they differ. Thank you

My wife and I are book for our first cruise on the Triumph for 3/24/2007. Our cabin is 8258 - Category 8C - Outside Balcony. I've looked at pics of cat 8A through 8E and don't see any difference. We would like to know what the codes mean and how they differ. Thank you

The cabins are the same, it is the placement of the cabin on the ship; higher deck, more forward or aft, like that! The more "well-placed" the cabin is, the higher the price. If you pull up the deck plans for the Triumph, look at the categories and you can see the difference in placement. Also, the obstructed view cabins are sometimes lower priced too.

Frankly, I have been all over the place on Triumph and in my opinion, as long as it has a balcony and isn't obstructed view, I'm happy.:p

insides are 4

oceanviews are 6

balconies are 8

and suites are 11 and 12

situated in those are a 1A great for single people as its a smaller cabin that has a bed and an upper bed. and a 5A Port hole cabins

Letter denotes the deck with the lowest letter A being the lowest deck that has the category-- 4A and 6A being the RIveria deck.

8A starts on the Upper deck.

That makes alot of sense to me now. I was thinking the number was the deck, but now, the letter makes more sense.

Thank you

The first number in your room number does indicate the deck - 8258 is deck 8, Verandah. But as others have stated, the category 8 cabins are all the same, just differing locations (deck, forward, aft, middle) on the ship.

The first number in your room number does indicate the deck - 8258 is deck 8, Verandah. But as others have stated, the category 8 cabins are all the same, just differing locations (deck, forward, aft, middle) on the ship.

That's true except for two decks. The Riviera Deck cabins are numbered in the 1200 to 1400's range and the Panorama Deck is 1001-1067.

insides are 4

oceanviews are 6

balconies are 8

and suites are 11 and 12

situated in those are a 1A great for single people as its a smaller cabin that has a bed and an upper bed. and a 5A Port hole cabins

Letter denotes the deck with the lowest letter A being the lowest deck that has the category-- 4A and 6A being the RIveria deck.

8A starts on the Upper deck.

Exactly - what someone said before about A being a certain deck and B the deck above it are not always true, it's the lowest deck WITH THAT CABIN CLASS on it.

But whatever became of cabin categories 2,3,7,9 and 10? :confused:

Exactly - what someone said before about A being a certain deck and B the deck above it are not always true, it's the lowest deck WITH THAT CABIN CLASS on it.

But whatever became of cabin categories 2,3,7,9 and 10? :confused:

Some ships have 7's and 9's. The 7 is an obstructed balcony and the 9 is a wrap around balcony or similar larger balcony with the same size room.

I guess they divided it up to leave room for other classes of cabins.

Cheers,

Peter

Archived