Depressed

We booked a year in advance, and it's already been a year since our last cruise so I REALLLLLY know how you feel! I will be obsessing over these boards and rccl.com for the next 10 months, 25 days, 10 hours, 48 minutes and 37 seconds! LOL

364 days for me!

And I'm sitting here recovering from an operation I had on Wednesday.

I win!!!!

Jane

x

We've got 19 months to go, but you're surgery may still give you alittle edge! ;-)

Honestly? I like to go on webshots.com and check out pics from other cruisers who have taken the itinerary I'm about to take. There's something so cool about seeing real live pics, makes the anticipation stronger :) I also love planning out our itinerary for the different ports we're going to visit. Kills a lot of time plus makes me feel more comfortable with the area I'm about to be in!

~Steph

I'm Jane and I'm a holiday planning addict!

I'm slightly ashamed to say it - but - I pass my time by planning (in detail) holidays that I will never take. I choose one for each school holiday. So far (in my virtual reality dream world) I will be taking a little break on the Majesty 23rd October, For Christmas I'm leaning towards the Mariner 24th December sailing and I'm thinking of trying the Freedom over Easter!

None of these will ever happen!!!!!! I am already saving £600 pounds a month towards my (REAL) Jewel criuise next August. Plus, my two beautiful children happen to be really smart (!) and will be costing me loads of money to go to University in a couple of years.

Now my husband has been infected too! He came back from work yesterday (thanks to him, if he's reading this, for looking after me so well since my operation) and said 'that RCCL website is addictive isn't it?'. He has planned a virtual cruise for next February half term!!! He was then asking me if I would be able to take the last Friday off of school as unpaid leave so that we could fit in a week! He has even got all possible cruises of interest entered on Excel!!!

Do I (we) need help?

Jane

x

I survive because I live across the river from PC and can see the both docks from my upstair windows. I get a kick watching the glory and mariner & crown pull in, it's still dark, if it's calm their lights reflect all the way across the water. Also ride bicycles over on Saturday or Sunday if a good band is playing and watch the big ships leave.

I am in the same position...as I have 141 days to go. I try to pass the time and keep in the 'cruising" state of mind by visiting the CC boards everyday. I espeically like chatting with others on my roll call board and getting to know my fellow cruisers. It will be here before we know it. :D

To pass the time, I make lists.

• Lists of what I am planning on doing that day and what to wear for each activity (I know, sounds anal, but helps me to stay organized)
  • Lists for the different activites that we could do at different ports so that we do not duplicate
  • Lists of the many different things to buy at the ports (specialty items for each area)
  • Packing lists
  • To do lists

Making these lists keeps me busy and makes the time go by faster. I also try not to think about the cruise too much each day(I know, very hard!)... this just makes it harder.

I know how you feel. I have about the same amount of days left to go also. We started at over 300 days so I know its getting better. I spend my time on these boards planning which is half the fun and find out all I could. If this is depressing now, wait till the last night of the cruise. Now that is depressing to me! And to make matters worse, we have to stop crusing for awhile because we will have 2 kids in college. I guess I will just have to dream!

Go to Webshots and search for your ship, ports of call - anything cruise related and look at everyone else's pics. At the same time thinking their vacation is over - and yours is yet to come!:p

Yes! This is exactly what I was going to suggest you do! Webshots is full of other's vacation pictures. Like Stacylee said, just search for your ship name, or ship name + any port you're going to, and you'll have a lot to look at.

You can also go to Youtube.com and do a search there. People post their vacation videos too!

Wow, I only have 24 days to go and it's killing me! The good thing for you is, when I get back....you'll still be anticipating yours :)

It stinks when you're already dreading the return trip for a vacation that is still 3 weeks out. :o

Wow, I only have 24 days to go and it's killing me! The good thing for you is, when I get back....you'll still be anticipating yours :)

It stinks when you're already dreading the return trip for a vacation that is still 3 weeks out. :o

Yes, I still remember our first cruise. When the lighted map indicated that we were head back toward Miami, I began to get a little depressed. Maybe that is why some book the next one before they leave the ship, or even before they leave home. At least that way the countdown to the next cruise has already begun.

Go to Webshots and search for your ship, ports of call - anything cruise related and look at everyone else's pics. At the same time thinking their vacation is over - and yours is yet to come!:p

Where is Webshots in this website?

Okay, I'm not looking for a pity party here, although I'm sure some if not all of you can relate. I'm fairly new to this forum, and have been really excited about all the information available here to make our cruise vacations more enjoyable. But, today, I find myself depressed. Cruise is still 140 days away. What do you do when you get to this point?

Oh yeah, don't be too sad. I have one more day to go than you do! LOL

Only 140 days? We have almost 300 days to wait for one and over 500 days until the next. But life seems to happen at warp speed and your cruise will be here before you know it. Anticipation and planning are half the fun...enjoy and treasure every day!

Hey, at least you have one to look forward too! :D

We don't have one planned as DH's place of employement is suppose to close

next year!! :( :eek: It doesn't keep me from dreaming though, we will

cruise again!! :D

You got alot of good advise from other CC members!

Archived