Cruising from Venice

We are cruising from Venice - ship will be at Marittima #112 and we are dropping off a rental car at Piazzale Roma. Is it possible to drop luggage off at the dock and then return the car? How far is the piazza from the dock. Walkable? With luggage?

There are several posts on the walk from the Piazza Roma and the cruise terminal. IMHO unless you pack very light I felt the walk was not something I would enjoy doing. Cars, buses and taxis all drive down to a parking lot right next to the cruise terminal. I haven't used it but I believe they have a held luggage office there where you could drop off your luggage and then take the car back to your dropoff point. Here is the link to the port where I think there is a link that allows you to email them questions.

http://www.vtp.it/pages/comeRaggiungerci/crociere.jsp?n=0

If you do a search on this board with "venice" as a topic you will find a variety of opinions on this subject.

Have a great next cruise.

Archived